Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was helping out my buddy with his car today, it is in storage for the winter at his uncle's place and while I was there I noticed a pair of 14 inch SS rims there. After talking with the uncle for a bit I found out they are actual rims from his old 70 Chevelle SS, and he said he would be willing to part with them.

I was just wondering what you guys thought about 14 inch rims. Is it possible to get tires for them that fill out the wheelwells, is finding tires for them a challenge because 14's arent a common size anymore? Anything else I may be overlooking? These would be going on my 70 El Camino.

Thanks in advance:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
If you want to keep your car stock there great. But if you want some meat in the rear your going to have to go with at least 15". The biggest thing I've found for 14" wheel p235's. If your wanting to sell them then it will depend on the codes stamped on them as to what they are worth.

·
Registered
7,729 Posts
You can run a 225/70-14 they are a decent size tire, approx 26.5" tall. But for a 60's series they are quite limited, I think the max you can get is only 25.5" tall.

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts