Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have put in my tunnel ram on my 454 it runs great
but i cant seem to get the Thorttle line to line up.. it it jams up leans towards the carb even with the retrun springs in place .heres a pic has anyone used thorttle cable for this setup and how did it work for you any help would be great ,,thank you mike

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it looks like your using cable instead of linkage ..mine in binding at the top bend instead of staying stright in place it moves towards the back of the carb and jams up but if a buddy holds it stright when i push the pedel it it works perfect

Attachments

·
Registered
734 Posts
Try using the cable set-up like it did. It is just a cheapy from PepBoys. The cable is a little more forgiving. I want to upgrade to the Lokar unit, but don't really have the cash right now. Waiting on Uncle Sam to send my "economic stimulas package". I run the throttle off the front carb and the kick down off the rear. Works good. If you can strighten out that big bend in the rod and hook it to the front carb that may help some. It would be more of a direct pull.

·
Registered
734 Posts
how long should the cable be 24 ,36 inch ? thanks for help mike
No sure for your application. But I think 36" may be too long. Most of them can be "cut to fit". Yours may be even shorter than mine because your pedal is different. Did you buy the linkage new? If so, there should be another shorter rod that would hook to the long one the connects the carbs. I have it but decided against using it for right now. I think I paid 25 or 30 dollars for the throttle cable and another 8 or so for the carb bracket. I used the stock kick down cable, mainly because mine used to leak at the transmission, I finally got it to stop leaking and don't really want to mess with it anymore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts