Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Next week will be the weekend...So close yet so far away (new pics)

A little over a year ago I brought a friends SS454 truck over to the house to help him change transmissions. I sort of made the mistake of looking over the rest of the truck and found issues eveywhere I looked. I offered to help sort out a few things and you know how the rest of the story goes. I started a snowball.
I see the light at the end of the tunnel. About a solid days work and I should have it about 98% done. Fingers are crossed for Sunday.

Before
461 bbc, stock 049's, tiny 209/214 cam, fuel injected with 24lb injectors(borderline too small without the blower) very poorly built 2.5" exhaust and a Vortech S trim blower and no weight reduction. With a thrashed trans this thing still managed 7.8's

now
461BBC fully ported 049's with 2.19/1.88 decent custom grind solid, CSU blowthough carb, 2" headers, 3.5 exhaust and Vortech YSi trim blower and apox 150lbs weight reduction :D Hoping it runs a little better

·
Registered
761 Posts
should be good for some 7.60s due to the weight reduction,just kidding im sure it will be quit a bit quicker now.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
My original plan was to try the direct injection plate pictured but after talking with a few people on how hard they are to calibrate I went another direction. There now is a CSU blow through carb sitting there :D I will try to get some updated pics today.

Feeling good about today. I made a lot of progress yesterday. If we don't run in to any snags the neighbors might here a little thunder on the block today. They might be a little confused though. There is no chance for rain ;)

(ps-don't sweat that dh over at mr.com).
Thanks man.... richardheads like that don't phase me a bit

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We gave it a good run today. Still to many loose ends and a few parts we need that we couldn't get today. These are the lastest pics taken tonight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts