Team Chevelle banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my chevelle out today to get it reinspected, it's been a couple months over due. So i get on the main road and i get pulled over by an officer, and i thought i was going to get a ticket...first thing he asks me is "is that a 72?" haha i knew i was in the clear, turns out we spoke for over an hour about muscle cars and how he owns a gto and what not. At the end of it, he says, "cool man" and i shake his hand and drive off. I bet everyone here has good run in's with the cops, they all seem to love muscle cars. I should've did a burn out. This is a good day

cheers,

A
:beers:

·
Registered
603 Posts
hahaha, a similar thing happened to me in a parking lot.
a cop comes up to me and asked if i have a BB, i told him no, just a 327. he checked out
the car and chit chat for a bit. all along i was with my friends who loves imports. when the cop left he was mad. he told me, imports don't get treated the same way. i just laught it off, and told him, well better go buy a chevy then.

·
Premium Member
7,571 Posts
I've been pulled over before without having done anything wrong, just so the cop can look at the car and talk to me. The first couple times i was relieved and thought wow that was cool... But after that it is just annoying- cop is wasting my time, and my tax $$ by wasting his patrol time to loook at my car.

I'd much rather they just give me a thumbsup and drive on by.

·
Registered
20,389 Posts
I think cops love muscle cars, as long as the driver is behaving himself :)

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i figure its a good thing to have the local police be on my side, it never hurts :beers:

·
Registered
13,318 Posts
i figure its a good thing to have the local police be on my side, it never hurts :beers:
Alek, YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!
The last time I got stopped was about 3yrs ago. I was in the 51 Chevy and an Okla Hipo did a crossover on the interstate. I stopped, got out my insurance verification and driver license. He said I was doing 78 (in a 60). Didn't give me a warning or anything, we just talked about the old Chevy. Eventually, we got around to my job (I work in the division of the AF that manages AF-1) and he was especially friendly then. So, I gave him one of the 8x10 posters that I always keep in my case. Man! Was I happy! :D

No, that's wrong, I just remembered.
The last time I got stopped was by 3 OKC police cars about 4mo ago. It was just before 6am during the week (I was in a different area of town taking my son to work). The first policeman had his hand on his gun and the others were outside by their cars, and I was nervous, but stayed calm. He looked at my license and insurance then asked where I lived. He recognized the car (51 Chevy), but said I didn't look like the person that he had seen driving it several times, thus, he thought the 51 had been stolen. So, obviously, some OKC cops know the 51 on sight (I've only been driving it for 46yrs). Nice to know they were looking out for me! :hurray:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Over the years I've had several "thumbs up" from the local cops & one HP. Had one talk for a few minutes while filling up but never been written a ticket in my Chevelle (knock on wood).

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alek, YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!
The last time I got stopped was about 3yrs ago. I was in the 51 Chevy and an Okla Hipo did a crossover on the interstate. I stopped, got out my insurance verification and driver license. He said I was doing 78 (in a 60). Didn't give me a warning or anything, we just talked about the old Chevy. Eventually, we got around to my job (I work in the division of the AF that manages AF-1) and he was especially friendly then. So, I gave him one of the 8x10 posters that I always keep in my case. Man! Was I happy! :D

No, that's wrong, I just remembered.
The last time I got stopped was by 3 OKC police cars about 4mo ago. It was just before 6am during the week (I was in a different area of town taking my son to work). The first policeman had his hand on his gun and the others were outside by their cars, and I was nervous, but stayed calm. He looked at my license and insurance then asked where I lived. He recognized the car (51 Chevy), but said I didn't look like the person that he had seen driving it several times, thus, he thought the 51 had been stolen. So, obviously, some OKC cops know the 51 on sight (I've only been driving it for 46yrs). Nice to know they were looking out for me! :hurray:
DZ, that's a great story, and yes it's true-it never hurts to have friends. i'm happy you didn't get in trouble. The local police don't want trouble, if we're minding our own business and not flooring our classics around, i'm sure they'll be genuine acquaintances.

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts
As I posted in another thread, I'm involved in putting on a "Cops and Rodders" car show here in Tucson. I've made some great friends (Who happen to be Cops) that way. Last year I let one of them drive my Chevelle...........I think i made a friend for life there.
I've gotton one ticket in my Chevelle, and a cop picked me out of a group of 8 or 10 cars to pull me over. I figure it was just my turn

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
When I was in college I was driving my brothers 65 Mustang to diagnose an overheating problem while I was taking auto courses. On my way home from class one afternoon I was doign 65 on the highway when it was only 55. I was coming up to my exit and a couple of trucks were in the right lane, so I floored it and hit what I assume to be nearly 80 to get around them. When I got to the front of the line of trucks I noticed a Highway Patrol 5.0 pull out of between them.

He pulled me over. While I was sitting there he walked up along the side leaning back and then asked. Is this your 65. I said no it is my brother's. He then asked you ever race it? I said no sir never. He said don't **** me boy, I know you do. Do you think it could beat my 5.0. I then knew what he was about, and said, well this last Sat at the grudge maches in Sacto I beat a Saleen. He said no ****... let see whats under the hood. He then went on to talk about his 67 that he was working on, and was hoping to buy one of the old 5.0's from the state when they get rid of them.

·
Premium Member
3,110 Posts
Alek; I had something happen to me over a yr ago. I was out on a saturday afternoon with my wife & our Chevelle. I go thru this small town to get to a Dairy Queen. Get a few burgers and a drink. As I come into this small town. I know the speed limit falls to 25 from 50. So I'm dropping my speed. When up ahead I see a cop car. So I look down at my speedo. I'm doing 35 and dropping. As I go by this cop . He's staring right at us. Even with his sun glasses on I can see he's got a eye on us. As I pass him . I see he pulls out pretty quick. I tell my wife here he comes. She says for what. Hell I don't know. Then he's right up on our rear bumper!! Then the light come on and he passes us going about 55. I let out a breath of air. So we go to the dairy Queen . While were eatting. I see this same cop. Cruz in. An he;s checking out my car! As I go out to see what the problem. He pulls away. I tell my wife. He must have one also. We both just laugh. On the way home I see two of them sitting in the same spot. Just looking at us. So I wave. Couldn't see if they waved back or not. But when I get home. I'm on the pc. And come to find out. He's a new memeber of our Chevelle club. And he was posting asking if that was my car that he saw!!!!! Scared that crap out of me. Turns out One of our members was working on his Chevelle for him. Plus he's a pretty cool dude.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alek; I had something happen to me over a yr ago. I was out on a saturday afternoon with my wife & our Chevelle. I go thru this small town to get to a Dairy Queen. Get a few burgers and a drink. As I come into this small town. I know the speed limit falls to 25 from 50. So I'm dropping my speed. When up ahead I see a cop car. So I look down at my speedo. I'm doing 35 and dropping. As I go by this cop . He's staring right at us. Even with his sun glasses on I can see he's got a eye on us. As I pass him . I see he pulls out pretty quick. I tell my wife here he comes. She says for what. Hell I don't know. Then he's right up on our rear bumper!! Then the light come on and he passes us going about 55. I let out a breath of air. So we go to the dairy Queen . While were eatting. I see this same cop. Cruz in. An he;s checking out my car! As I go out to see what the problem. He pulls away. I tell my wife. He must have one also. We both just laugh. On the way home I see two of them sitting in the same spot. Just looking at us. So I wave. Couldn't see if they waved back or not. But when I get home. I'm on the pc. And come to find out. He's a new memeber of our Chevelle club. And he was posting asking if that was my car that he saw!!!!! Scared that crap out of me. Turns out One of our members was working on his Chevelle for him. Plus he's a pretty cool dude.
Cool story rick!!!! It's scary to have the cops follow you though....im glad that you guys became friends... as long as they're not giving you the evil eye, it's all about who breaks the ice first....:thumbsup::beers:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts