Team Chevelle banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as i type this, John Force is live on the SPEED pre race show from the NASCAR race in Las Vegas.. he just said the greatest thing ever on tv- it's not really what he said that was so awesome, but the way he said it and what was implied by it.. he was talking about how he has his cars set up in a display, and fans are trying to buy stuff from him because, you know, everything costs money at a NASCAR race.. he said that he told them to put the credit cards away because he's "just trying to give sh-- away". SPEED must not have a delay, because it wasn't bleeped or anything.. i think maybe they'll have a delay next time he's on...
if he ever retires, they need to put that guy in the broadcast booth.

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
Alot of people have a problem with JF but he came from nowheresville,Belflower,Calif. if Im not mistaken,and look where hes at now.No affence at Belflower,I did alot of cruisen on Belflower Blvd long ago.Guys cool.

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,793 Posts
He's done a lot, came from nowhere, makes good quotes, entertaining, etc., but on the ESPN NHRA coverage, they might as well call it the Force family show. Way too much face time. There are other racers too. Flame away.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Alot of people have a problem with JF but he came from nowheresville,Belflower,Calif. if Im not mistaken,and look where hes at now.No affence at Belflower,I did alot of cruisen on Belflower Blvd long ago.Guys cool.
I think it was the speed channel a while back that did a doc on his life. He actually took his girls back to the old trailer where he grew up to show them where he came from and to remind them that they're getting things much easier than he did. He can be brassy at times, but I like him.

·
Registered
18,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He's a straight shooter alright, they'll chronicle his life for sure, portrayed by Gary Busey?

Jerry
i thin Gary Busey is older than he is..

but yeah, that would be the best documentary-type movie ever made. they wouldn't even need to make anything up or embellish anything to make for a good story.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I have a question for you guys about him,

How come he looks like he slid through a chimney when he finishes a race and gets out of the car, but his daughter always looks so pretty when she finishes a race:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts

How come he looks like he slid through a chimney when he finishes a race and gets out of the car, but his daughter always looks so pretty when she finishes a race:confused:
Not sure if it still holds, but he had a firesuit that he considered good luck, and would not replace it with a new one. It got pretty grungy. Not sure if he is still wearing it.

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
I'm not sure Busey is crazy enough to play Force. l:)

·
Premium Member
5,644 Posts
I'll give him credit for the rest of my life.

At the 2010 Nationals at Pacific Raceways, in Washington State, we were walking to our car after the races were finished and we let everything clear out, when we spotted John Force coming out of the Main PR office.

There weren't many people around, but he was stilled swarmed by about 15 people. My oldest son walked to the crowd waiting for a autograph as John patiently signed away when he noticed my youngest son, who is blind, standing about 20 ft from the group with his cane.

John stopped signing and walked through the crowd and up to my son. He talked with him ans took his hat off his own head, signed it and gave it to my son. A few more comments and pictures and John was off in his busy fashion going to his next location.

My hats off to him and he can have all the face time he wants when he will take the time and do something like that at random. My son will remember that for the rest of his life.

As for my son, which makes it even more special for me, he's been living with an inoperable brain tumor which is the cause of his eyesight loss. We're just happy and blessed he's still here with us.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
I'll give him credit for the rest of my life.

At the 2010 Nationals at Pacific Raceways, in Washington State, we were walking to our car after the races were finished and we let everything clear out, when we spotted John Force coming out of the Main PR office.

There weren't many people around, but he was stilled swarmed by about 15 people. My oldest son walked to the crowd waiting for a autograph as John patiently signed away when he noticed my youngest son, who is blind, standing about 20 ft from the group with his cane.

John stopped signing and walked through the crowd and up to my son. He talked with him ans took his hat off his own head, signed it and gave it to my son. A few more comments and pictures and John was off in his busy fashion going to his next location.

My hats off to him and he can have all the face time he wants when he will take the time and do something like that at random. My son will remember that for the rest of his life.

As for my son, which makes it even more special for me, he's been living with an inoperable brain tumor which is the cause of his eyesight loss. We're just happy and blessed he's still here with us.
I will say the same about John, I brought my son who was 9 at the time to his first NHRA event last June we were walking through the pit's and he spots John sitting on his scooter talking to a group of official looking people, my son walks up next to the group to see John and Ashley and he is just shoved aside ,or perhaps not noticed by the group of people but John noticed him he leans over and pulls my son over tells the folks to wait a minute so I can get a photo of he and my son, he autographs a card for him and so did Ashley, as with most of NHRA drivers that day he treated a child like it was his day not theirs. He's ok in my book

Doc, I will pray for your son and family

·
Registered
18,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

back before he started winning championships every year, he had a habit of blowing up in spectacular fashion at least once during eliminations live on TNN.. he'd get out of the car and give some of the most entertaining interviews ever on live tv. there were times when he'd get out of his still burning car and literally look like a piece of charcoal with arms and legs and then brag about how fast his "hot rod" was.. then they'd cut to a shot of Austin Coil standing back by the starting line with a "dammit, not again" look on his face..

·
Premium Member
1,731 Posts
For me, I've seen too much Force face time by ESPN coverage of NHRA. And now they gotta interview him on Nascar.:sad: When I see his smiling face hit the screen, I make a channel change. Crap, I'd rather watch QVC:boring:....

Steve O.

·
Premium Member
5,644 Posts

·
Registered
8,090 Posts
Your kids are going to go far Doc, you should be proud!
As for Gary Busey, watched him last night on the Trump show, never mind. :clonk:

Jerry

1 - 17 of 17 Posts