Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've heard of "Bull Runs" in Spain, but I never saw this. I noticed that the first Bull is fairly mild, but then at the 2:40 min mark, they let the second one out, and he's more aggressive than the first, and it seems that every bull they let loose during this vid is more aggressive than the last. Skip to the 13:30 min mark, and you can see that the action gets even more intense. I don't think this is in Spain since the comments underneath it look like Portuguese....(Maybe in Portugal?)....

PÉLISSANNE - AVENIR (20.03.2022) - YouTube

·
Registered
842 Posts
2000lbs of POed bull is a good motivator. I've seen my dad clear an electric fence like an Olympic hurdler. You don't ever turn your back on them.
Well now Billy i have never seen any of this myself Bull fighting with the Matador yes but this is suicide. If you took notice, they are all long and lean with the swiftness of an Olympic runner and it was very intense. I dont know what a bull weighs but they are very fast and for their weight very agile. You get gored by one of those horns your toast most of the time. Even if you survive you could be ruined for life. No thank you. Their aint enough money. I also wonder what they get paid for that and it must be a short career as you need to be young and fast. It's amazing what some cultures consider sport not my personal cup of tea but "to each their own" i think about the only thing worse than a PEEOED BULL is a PEEOED WIFE, now that's something to fear. My dearly betrothed is a tiny little thing that's easy going and even tempered most of the time. BUT i would rather stand in the middle of a Texas Twister than face that woman when she is in an uproar. Alex

·
Premium Member
18,977 Posts
I dont want to sound like a jingoistic American but I will.....that stuff is silly. I do enjoy the actual RODEO, especially the barrel racers! NO BULL!

Horse Working animal Saddle Horse tack Horse supplies

·
Registered
12,950 Posts
Had arelative in Co and NM that had farms/ranches..those bulls are downright scary.
1 minute seem docile the next pure evil. The amount of power they have can send chills through ya.

My cousin did Rodeo for yrs, was a clown in his teens. By 30 the guy had serious mobility issues.
That takes huge nuts to do that. Nfw..not even once would I dare. running with them?
Free anal surgery! We have no biz fooling with those monsters...I do like Bison meat though!

·
Premium Member
4,906 Posts

·
Registered
12,950 Posts
Is that why they try to cut the bull? Bleed it out before it kills?
If so those fools get what they deserve if they get hooked by the bull. 0 sympathy
Those things are evil beasts but they arent bother anyone just being a bull.

Its like killing a bear cause it attacked a tourist who got too close to it...and her cubs. Crocs and anacondas, take em all out. lol

·
Premium Member
18,977 Posts
Sort of like motorcycle racing, I dont know how their spines can take it. I still like to watch a proficient cowboy - skill!

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
I feel for the bull when it hits the concrete. When the bull is in area behind the red fence the guys in white should have to run away in that area in a circle with no steps to escape.

Reactions: Leadhead

·
Premium Member
18,977 Posts
PS en route to Cody WY ( rt 20 near Thermopolis I think) my kid and I saw a spontaneous bullfight at dusk.... quite the sight..... two big boys and maybe four girls standing around watching. We had to pull over and watch the free show! Those dudes are tough!

·
Premium Member
14,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lots of interesting viewpoints were shared here. As for me, the rodeo never interested me, and bull fighting never did either because of what the matador does to the bull. I'm both an animal lover as well as a supporter of hunting rights, (just as long as the meat is being eaten of course).

This caught my attention because when I was young, I was a pretty good athlete, and quick on my feet. So when I saw these guys in the vid running away from these huge young bulls, (some of them with some fairly long horns) jumping the fence and sometimes scaling over the railing behind the fence too, to avoid getting hammered by these charging bulls, I was impressed. Those guys are making that look easy, but you definitely would have to be in great shape to do what they're doing. I also wondered what they get paid to do that. I bet they don't have a major medical plan. :D

·
Registered
842 Posts
Lots of interesting viewpoints were shared here. As for me, the rodeo never interested me, and bull fighting never did either because of what the matador does to the bull. I'm both an animal lover as well as a supporter of hunting rights, (just as long as the meat is being eaten of course).

This caught my attention because when I was young, I was a pretty good athlete, and quick on my feet. So when I saw these guys in the vid running away from these huge young bulls, (some of them with some fairly long horns) jumping the fence and sometimes scaling over the railing behind the fence too, to avoid getting hammered by these charging bulls, I was impressed. Those guys are making that look easy, but you definitely would have to be in great shape to do what they're doing. I also wondered what they get paid to do that. I bet they don't have a major medical plan. :D
Well Billy i came back to see some of the views and another thing came to my mind Hunting Wild Boar with a Bow and arrow now for that you need Colionees made of steel..Eons ago robbie in the bodyshop across from my shop used to do that every year somewhere in PA.He once hit a big one with 4 arrows but hit no major organs . It started to charge him and he shot it several times it finally dropped about three feet from him. those horns or tusks whateverare sharper than a wilkinson sword straight razor. not me no thankyou but they are tasty. Alex

·
Premium Member
14,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well Billy i came back to see some of the views and another thing came to my mind Hunting Wild Boar with a Bow and arrow now for that you need Colionees made of steel..Eons ago robbie in the bodyshop across from my shop used to do that every year somewhere in PA.He once hit a big one with 4 arrows but hit no major organs . It started to charge him and he shot it several times it finally dropped about three feet from him. those horns or tusks whateverare sharper than a wilkinson sword straight razor. not me no thankyou but they are tasty. Alex
Hahaha.....that's a pretty cool story about the wild Boar hunting. I've heard similar stories with both Boar and Black bear, and the latter always involved a mother with her cubs nearby. I've also heard hunters claim that you don't want to hit black bear in the forehead due to the slope of their skull and the rounds tend to just ricochet. :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts