Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was replacing my heater blower motor on the 65 El Camino. When eveything was all painted, resealed and ready to go back in, I couldn't find the wire that plugs onto the blower.

Where does it emerge from the firewall?

Could it have fallen into the hole for the fan? I am stumped. I've completely removed the inner fender so I can see better, but there is nothing to see!!

Wierd. Please help, I'm growing despondant of this restoration. I'm sooo close, but soo far.

Thanks.

------------------
Dale P.
Team Chevelle Member# 423
65 El Camino
72 Monte Carlo
"..you did you take the washer off, right?"
"They call you Crowbar 'cause you're such a tool."

[This message has been edited by DaleP (edited 06-05-2002).]

·
Registered
131 Posts
On my '64, the blower motor wire continues from the harness that goes to the ignition coil.
Check and see if it's hanging down between the engine and firewall right behind the distributor.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hey Dale, its a black wire with a orange stripe, it comes from the fire wall harness. I have a 65 also and just rewired my engine so it has to be there or it got torn off somehow. Good luck.

------------------
1965 El Camino
350-turbo 350
"someday it will be finished"

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to everyone. I haven't had time to go out and look, but I'm afraid I'll have an embarassing story after I do.

------------------
Dale P.
65 El Camino
72 Monte Carlo

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I thought it was something embarassing and it was. When I had the engine compartment painted, the painter pulled that wiring harness out of the firewall connector and tossed it in the cab.

Mystery solved! Thanks for your help.

------------------
Dale P.
65 El Camino
72 Monte Carlo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.