1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
that is awesome, lots of work

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Very interesting... I cant believe someone found that wreck sitting out there in the middle of the woods.
That somebody is a member here, Tom Hendricks, although if I am not mistaken I thought he sold it now.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
It's amazing how many Chargers they wrecked and crushed filming the show.
Glad they didn't pick a Chevelle to be the General. :D

There was one episode where the General was to race a bog block '69. They did wreck a couple in that episode if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
15,850 Posts
ruining classics for movie purposes....needs to be outlawed, at first I had some doubt that they would REALLY just leave them there to rot....but hey, it's Hollywood and they don't care.
It was a 9-year old used car in 1978... That would be like wrecking a whole bunch of 1998 cars today, no big deal.

·
Premium Member
16,879 Posts
Lee #1's restoration was completed late October of last year, I've been following it on some of the General Lee fan sites. I was very close to driving down to Covington, GA to see it's unveiling on November 4th, 2006. That car still has it's original engine from the show.

·
Premium Member
5,248 Posts
yeah to bad the writter of the story doesnt even know who sang the theme song. Johnny Cash i dont think so!!!!
If you watch the videos on that link, there is a song Johnny Cash is singing and it's about a Charger. Bo and Luke are in the General Lee and JC is singing; 3rd video down.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
That is too cool. That was my favorite show growing up as a kid. I think every 12 year old wanted a general lee growing up

·
In Memory of Kevin
2,171 Posts
so when they gonna jump it?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts