Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed all new shocks and rear springs on my 67 and took it on a nice test run to the store and this is what I found when I returned….
Wheel Automotive parking light Car Tire Sky
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

don’t have any body work experience…do you guys think a dent removal company is an option?
I’m not the kind of guy that gets depressed on my birthday but this is gunna be a hard one to shake off….

·
Registered
73 Posts
One of my biggest pet peeves is some LAZY SOB that can't take a cart back. I feel for you. People just don't appreciate other peoples property. If they had to pay for carelessness they might think about it once. (not going to see that in the future anytime soon) Hope KARMA gets 'em.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Ultimately that what insurance is for, I would ask around if the store has any security camera’s. I would suspect they will be very willing to help, lots of reasons for this not all nefarious. Maybe the wind pushed it, maybe a kid let it go with out knowing where it was rolling to. We have had our car ran into in a parking lot, lots of lack of respect out there. Get it fixed and move on, but if you find out someone did this on purpose show no mercy because none was shown to your property.

·
Registered
16,021 Posts
man, that had to be rolling pretty fast to do that much damage.

PDR should take out the majority of that, but it might not be "perfect" afterwards.

·
Super Moderator
2,362 Posts
Yes, definitely deliberate not the "universe" or the wind, Someone rammed that hard. Do you have vandalism coverage with your insurance policy? I would try a paint-less dent removal pro first. Contact some body shops or dealerships to get recommendations of a good professional PDR guy. They can perform wonders.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Man that really stinks. Can’t stand it when people don’t take their carts back.
Best instant karma I’ve seen was in a HEB parking lot. Guy had a nice suv and left his cart out and drove away. Well that same cart took off in our Texas wind and caught him as he exited the parking lot. Laughed so hard I almost pissed my pants.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I’d agree that looks like someone pushed it. The one I seen was moving really fast 40mph winds and didn’t cause that big of a dent. The wind in the background is blowing towards the rear of your car. (Flag in background)

Reactions: obseSSed

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
Some jealous POS did that, no question about it.
Or some dumbass snowflake trying to make a Climate Change statement.

I read that they are letting air out of SUV tires in NYC........

Sad.

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts
wow... that makes me sick just looking at it. That was a lot of cart force for that damage. Hopefully there is some survailance footage for you to determine how it happened?

Good luck with the repairs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Are there other businesses other than the store you went to in that area? Looks like a shopping center. You could file a hit and run report if you haven’t already, and ask the shops - if there are any -if you might see their footage, or ask them not to delete their footage for that day because of an ongoing investigation. I would think that whomever did that might have gotten into their car somewhat quickly after the damage, and possibly have driven a little erratically on their way out

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
It also makes me sick just looking at it. That was not by accident, my guess is some kids walking through the lot, pulled that crap.
I hope you find the offender.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts