Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you know I'm "spiffing-up" the interior of my 67 Elcamino. A friend of mine found the "Speedometer Shop" online.
Has anyone ever used them before?
I'll be calling them in the morning but if you've had any experiance with them, good or bad please let me know. They look promising, but the unknown such as quality, warranty, service, and turn around time, etc are a concern.
This is from their web page: "Putting a New Face on some great old gauges...and brand new movements, too!"

Speedometer Shop
2431 University Ave., Riverside, CA 92507-4296 • 909-684-0292 • Fax 909-684-0146
Home page: www.speedometershop.com

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
funny I have to answer my own post

The Speedometer Shop doesn't have the art work for the lines & letters. They charge $35 per gauge to recalibrate them and qouted me $475 if they had to hire someone to do the graphics
Maybe I'll keep looking

------------------
Dale
Lowered '67 Elcamino
ZZ430HP / 4L60
"Canyon Carver"

www.chevelles.com/showroom/elkydriveway1.jpeg

My $400 '93 FireBird
http://www.chevelles.com/showroom/D:%5cMyPhotos%5cFireBird.JPG

[This message has been edited by Cardiac (edited 01-12-2001).]

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
64SS_bobb
Do they paint the lines & letters on or are they decals? I sanned only the gauges into the computer and made the image white with black lines. Pritted and cut them out, then placed them on the gauges for sh1ts & grins.
When I assembled the instrument panel I was supprized that they actually looked pretty cool white.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think D&M creates their own decals (vs. painting them) but you should check with
them to find out.

They also completely rebuild the guages
along with re-doing the art work.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I talked to Mike at D&M Restorations. He said they use both, paint and decals. I'm sending him three instrument clusters to work with.
I'm not sure if the speedometer works since I've never used it before, but the gauge cluster is in real good shape and they work. At least the guy I paid $35 to check them out said they work.
Anything under $200 is going to be a deal compared to the $475 the "Speedometer Shop" quoted me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts