Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
1972 Chevelle SS 454 M22
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still can't get over the Rush of getting behind the wheel of my Chevelle..the sound the power..all that power..my heart seems to beat faster..
if this is what people feel who gets hooked on drugs..I can see why..the 4 speed really has a part too..don't get me wrong I like automatics..but
just being able to shift..I don't even have to speed..if you need a place to go and forget the world..I would suggest this..I really don't think there is enough words to describe..If you are fortunate enough to have the love of your life with you..can there be any better High?

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
8,740 Posts
I agree! but I haven't had the chance to do that with my chevelle only my harleys, can't wait to finish the chevelle

·
Premium Member
17,566 Posts
I don't get the chance to drive mine very often, but it always makes me feel young when I do get it out...

I told some family members that I was glad I somehow missed the addiction gene ( several smokers and heavy drinkers in the family), but they pointed out my "ADDICTION" to Chevelles...

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
women whether they are the love of your life or not will.leave you when you least expect it. just hope they dont take your chevelle in divorce court or worse make it where you can no longer afford it

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
women whether they are the love of your life or not will.leave you when you least expect it. just hope they dont take your chevelle in divorce court or worse make it where you can no longer afford it

That is one of the reasons I have never been married. Have to much to lose

·
Registered
14,989 Posts
On the weekend, my chevelle comes out and even if it's to get groceries, I drive it. Jim

Reactions: blue_69_malibu

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
When I drive either of my 4 speed cars, '67 El Camino or '68 Malibu, it makes this 68-year-old feel like 19 again. 19 is when I ordered my first '68 L79 car. And the wife feels the same, she cruised the streets beside me in that very first L79 and now this one 49 years later.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Oh how I can relate to this! Around here (western NY) the cruising season runs from May to maybe Nov. So my wife and I ride whenever we can (mostly wkends). Let's see...right foot down, grab that stick, and go! She enjoys it as much as I do. Only 5 months more to wait...poop!

·
Premium Member
4,569 Posts
Never gets old,click on my youtubes in my sig.Nothing but 4 speeds since my first 55 Chevy in the 60's.

·
Registered
491 Posts
yes, my Chevelle makes me feel like a kid again. My wife says I never grew up when it comes to old cars.

Reactions: lucifershammer

·
Premium Member
3,595 Posts
LOL I have absolutely nothing wouldnt 10 yrs ago when things are good still wont never will made that real clear
If they are into you it wont matter. Besides I want her alimony to keep coming in :D

:eek: ^ what did he say? ^

Reactions: blue_69_malibu

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Driving my Chevelle is always a happy experience - not only does it make me smile, others who see it are smiling too. I don't even turn the radio on because the music of that 396 is what I want to hear. I do need to open it up once in a while. If she's busy I tell my wife I'm going around the block - that's about 15 miles - with a few straight stretches. I don't care about feeling 19 again - life is better now, but I do appreciate having something I could never have afforded then.

·
Banned
4,739 Posts
just read that and wondered what the ??? time for an edit.
You're a valued member of this forum so...you get a pass from the rest of us:thumbsup:

·
Registered
286 Posts
I still can't get over the Rush of getting behind the wheel of my Chevelle..the sound the power..all that power..my heart seems to beat faster..
On March 13th 1970 at the age of 23 years old I drove my newly ordered Astro blue LS6 off of the Van Chevrolet dealership’s car lot. I feel very fortunate to have had that experience, one that is hard to describe, but “rush” is a good term.

·
Premium Member
863 Posts
It's the best therapy money can buy. I have some people in my life that can't understand the love and connection I have with my car. I've had it for 21 years and nothing can compare to the feeling I get when I am driving my chevelle. For a short time nothing else in the world matters.

·
Banned
4,739 Posts
I don't get near the rush as I did when my honey sat next to me and I shifted the 4 speed tween her thighs back in 66-68 >:)

Reactions: Kirk's67SS

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
I don't get near the rush as I did when my honey sat next to me and I shifted the 4 speed tween her thighs back in 66-68 >:)
Yup, that was the OTHER rush! All my cars had a bench seat and a 4 speed. The only time she slid over next to the passenger door was when we were "challenged" at a stop light. She knew when it was time to get out of the way of the Hurst. After the challenge, win or lose, she was right back next to me.....;)

Can't do that with today's cars.

BTW, she could power-shift that 4 speed better than a lot of guys.....slammed me back in the passenger seat many times.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts