Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after owning my chevelle for 12 years it is time it gets the attention it deserves. A little back story. I got my first Chevelle at the age of 15. It was a one owner 1970 malibu. The car had rust and burned a lot of oil. Being young and dumb the car got driven very hard with no attention. She lasted 2 years to where I switched to an 85 monte carlo ss. When i left for boot camp my parents sold the chevelle. This left a void in my life. Once I got stationed in Whidbey Island Washingtonin 2005 I came across a Classic car dealer and full filled the chevelle void. The car is 1970 Chevelle started life as a triple black 350/350 manual drum brake, bench seat car. which was last registered in 1985 (Cant find pics from day one). First thing done was disc brakes and about a year later built a healthy 383 with a 700r4 trans with switching to factory bucket seats. I sent the car to my dad in NY to do the the switch for me. From there the she was a weekend cruiser up till 2011. Thats when the need for speed addiction needed to be filled. She did a best of 9.84 on a 250 shot. In 2014 the Navy decided to send me Japan for 2.5 years where my pride and joy had to be sent back to New York for storage in a car port. Where she sat. My brother bought the motor and transmission from while i was gone. This car has been kind of like a father son project even though my father and I have actually never worked on the car together at the same time. Now that I am some what settled at my new duty station Jacksonville Fl, it is time to tear her apart. This is my first time doing anything like this.

The first pic is about 2 years after I bought the car and sent to my dad in NY. By far my favorite pic. His 67 chevelle and mine side by side.The 2nd and 3rd pics are back in Washington state after the motor change and bucket seat install. 4th pic is driving cross country from WA to FL. 5th pic is at the track while in Pensacola and finally the last pic is about a month old and my baby back in my possession after 2.5 years of storage. She looks really good in photos but needs some love.

Attachments

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Deconstruction has started. Pulled the vinyl top off and both rear corners look like the first pic. Which is what was expected since there would be water in the trunk after being washed. the second pic is the lower driver cowl panel. And the last pic is how the car sits as of today.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,974 Posts
I bet some of the members of the North Florida Chevelle club could be of help. Reach out to them, they are a great bunch of folks and we had many good times when living there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts