Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Vendor
9,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now available from Morel is the Perfect Roller lifter. . .runs on a hyd roller or a SOLID roller lobe profile. After months of spintron testing, live engine testing, and field testing a new lifter is available to the enthusist. Morel has taken its technology in materials and body design of solid roller lifters and built the ultimate hyd roller. This lifter features an upgraded body, roller, and axle. The stainless tie bar is connected to a 3 button system to prevent binding and premature failure. The valving system has been tweaked to prevent valve float to a tested 7300 rpm. Last but not least the bodies are REM finished. Iin back to back testing in a BBC application this lifter proved to make 34 more HP over a std hyd roller lifter and an increase in additional rpm when used on the same cam profile.

The lifters when used on solid roller cams do have their limits. Spring pressures should be a max of 220# on the seat and 550# open pressure.

This new generation of lifter is recommened for severe street strip use and extended marine applications. You can now have you Solid roller and no lash adjustment.....

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Chris, what is the cost and availability? PM me if you would like...

dynoed the car the other day...it was still climbing at 6300 with no signs of float...

·
Vendor
9,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chris, what is the cost and availability? PM me if you would like...

dynoed the car the other day...it was still climbing at 6300 with no signs of float...

I PM'd you the other day to get an update on how she was doing. Sounds good let me know. I will PM you some pricing..

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Doing great...that cam is unbelievable for how small it is for the 555....I am still on the 1.7 shaft rockers, might step it up to 1.8 over the winter...it put down 550 hp at the rear wheels, and it was still climbing pretty hard at 6250....

Those heads flow really good also (Dart 335 CNC) so I was thinking of a larger cam, but I keep reminding myself this is a 80% street car and it is just perfect as is....I have been putting a bunch of miles on the engine, it was a 200 mile round trip to the dyno shop and it was like driving my daily driver...we have had some nice spring days and I have put 1500 miles on it the last 6-7 weeks with no issues at all...

only thing, cam was kind of low on vacuum but I put a Hydroboost system on it and I have no issues with braking...

talk to you later...

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
Oh Sure tell me now :) Sounds perfect solid roller ansd no lash adjustment !! might just have to try a set in my numbers 396 build

·
Banned
10,053 Posts
Now available from Morel is the Perfect Roller lifter. . .runs on a hyd roller or a SOLID roller lobe profile. After months of spintron testing, live engine testing, and field testing a new lifter is available to the enthusist. Morel has taken its technology in materials and body design of solid roller lifters and built the ultimate hyd roller. This lifter features an upgraded body, roller, and axle. The stainless tie bar is connected to a 3 button system to prevent binding and premature failure. The valving system has been tweaked to prevent valve float to a tested 7300 rpm. Last but not least the bodies are REM finished. Iin back to back testing in a BBC application this lifter proved to make 34 more HP over a std hyd roller lifter and an increase in additional rpm when used on the same cam profile.

The lifters when used on solid roller cams do have their limits. Spring pressures should be a max of 220# on the seat and 550# open pressure.

This new generation of lifter is recommened for severe street strip use and extended marine applications. You can now have you Solid roller and no lash adjustment.....
Thats the one is was saying Lunati will be offering, About June from what i was told around a month ago

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Killer news for sure. I will plan a winter upgrade for the roller cam.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
So Chris, how excatly does this work? Is this just a HR lifter that can handle alot of spring pressure?

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
I'm curious too, Chris. Have any photos of these things?

Dan

·
Vendor
9,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Morel boys had stumpled on to something 18 months ago and I was told then it would revolutionize the lifter business. This hybrid takes the best of both worlds and gives maximum performance to the end user.

Vince it is a "different" hyd roller made to function on a solid roller lobe if the customer chooses. You are now not limited in rpm by a hyd roller lifter.

Outward apperance is not really different except for the REM finish and upgraded link bar button.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Chris, I have 2 questions.
1) Are the new lifters short like a Solid roller lifter or are they a tall body like a Hyd roller lifter ?
2) What would be the advantage over just using a much less expensive solid roller lifter lashed tight ?

Btw...I haven`t had a problem while doing the hybrid, solid roller lifter on a hyd roller cam deal for many years now and with 10`s of thousands of street miles at that, and that`s my reason for asking question #2, just curious to hear your take on this.

·
Vendor
9,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Vendor
9,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Chris, I have 2 questions.
1) Are the new lifters short like a Solid roller lifter or are they a tall body like a Hyd roller lifter ?
2) What would be the advantage over just using a much less expensive solid roller lifter lashed tight ?

Btw...I haven`t had a problem while doing the hybrid, solid roller lifter on a hyd roller cam deal for many years now and with 10`s of thousands of street miles at that, and that`s my reason for asking question #2, just curious to hear your take on this.

Steve, in every shape and form these are a hyd roller, tall body and will require a shorter pushrod.

No lash adjustment what so ever is the advantage.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts