Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
1970 Malibu 2nd owner since 1999 350 M20 Misty Turquoise pearl int bench AT/MT swapped by myself
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Welcome to the official thread for all information regarding
The 5th Annual A.C.E.S. Northern Regional Car Show
Hosted by the Northern Ohio Chevelle Club (NOCC)

Please bookmark this page as we will be updating the first post with all information on a regular basis
(that way you won't have to search all over the place for updates)
:hurray:

As many of you know, the CanAm club did a GREAT job of hosting this show in Niagara Falls through 2006. This year, the NOCC (Northern Ohio Chevelles Club) is getting the chance to host this show in Hudson Ohio (a bit south of Cleveland). We at the NOCC know that the CanAm show will be a tough act to follow, but we will certainly do our best to live up to what has been built before us.
We look forward to working with any and all clubs and individuals who would like to offer help in any way. Please do not be shy! This is a great event and we are looking to make it as enjoyable as possible for everyone involved!

Vital Statistics
The WHAT: The 5th Annual A.C.E.S. Northern Regional Car Show
The WHERE: The Hudson Holiday Inn in tropical Hudson, Ohio
The WHEN: July 20th, 21st, and 22nd
The WHY: To meet friends we didn't know we had, to meet friends we new we had, and....best of all....spend an entire weekend surrounded by some of the nicest Chevelles (and people) in the country.​
The WHO: All stock, modified, survivor, and Pro-Street 1964-1988 Chevelles, Malibus, Wagons, El Caminos, Sprints, and 1962-1969 Beaumonts. (well....Chevelles are people too right?) You do not have to be an A.C.E.S. member to attend but we strongly encourage you to become a member as it is a great club with lots of benefits. Everyone is welcome to attend (we'll even let Chuck in if we have to :D ) even if you don't have a car to enter.​
The HOW: Get directions using Google Maps HERE (I've already filled in the 'ending' address...I'm nice like that) You can push, pull, trailer, or drive your car in as there will be plenty of space for just about all sizes of trailers/rigs.​

About The Show

Click HERE to download this flyer (This is a .pdf file)​

Holiday Inn key points
Other Points of Interest:
For those who would like to 'go their own way' or who are planning on arriving earlier in the week for an extended vacation, we are working on a list of area attractions and places of interest and will post those in the near future.

F.A.Q.'s (Frequently Asked Questions)

• Q: How Do I Sign Up?
  • A: You will need to click HERE to download and print out our entry form. This is in .pdf format and you will need Adobe Acrobat to open this (most computers already have this installed).
  • Q: I can't download your entry form...what do I do?
  • A: If you are unable to download and/or unable to open a .pdf file...please contact Carl Nichols at [email protected]
  • Q: How Much Is This Going To Cost Me???
  • A: Event registration is $25.00 for all three days. T-Shirts are $12.00 each if you pre-order them on your registration form.
  • Q: Can I Register The Day Of The Show?
  • A: The only way to make sure that we will have a space for you and your car(s) is if you pre-register by June 20th, 2007. We will do our best to accomodate late registrants but cannot make any promises.
  • Q: Boy, Getting a Hotel Room In Tropical Hudson, Ohio Must Be Tough (and Expensive). How much is this going to set my wallet back??
  • A: We brokered our best deal with the Holiday Inn and have secured a room rate of $79.00/night but ONLY if you pre-register with the hotel by NO LATER than June 20th, 2007. If you arrive on Thursday, you will only pay $69.00 (but $79.00/night Friday and Saturday nights). Just call 1-888-403-0031 and mention that you are with the Northern Ohio Chevelles event.
  • Q: I plan on arriving a day early, do you guys need any help?
  • A: Absopositively!!! We could use all the help you are willing to give. Just contact us at [email protected] and we WILL put you to work :yes:
  • Q: Will Chuck Hanson Be There?
  • A: Since this is a bon-a-fide ACES event, Chuck will definitely be there.
  • Q: I/My Club would like to help out in some way, who do I contact to find out what I/we can do?
  • A: Now that's the spirit!!! We would love any/all help that you can give us. Whether it be ideas, pointers, physical labor, moral support, please contact us at [email protected] and we will get back to you PRONTO!
  • Q: Where The Heck Is 'Tropical' Hudson, Ohio???
  • A: You mean, you have never heard of Hudson, Ohio??? Hudson is about 30 minutes South of Cleveland and about the same from Akron. It's a nice rural-type area that is very close to a lot of different attractions. You can get directions by going here: Google Maps (I've already put the Hotel address in it for you....you just need to provide your 'starting' address). Hudson is accessible from I80 (Ohio Turnpike), I71, I77, 271, and in close proximity to I90/Rt 2.
  • Q: What Is The Adress Of The Hotel?
  • A: Holiday Inn Hudson, 240 East Hines Rd, Hudson, Ohio, 44236
  • Q: I will be trailering my car, will you have enough room for parking it?
  • A: Yes, we will have plenty of room for trailer parking. Make sure to stipulate the size of your trailer on the registration form so that we can plan out the parking.

Important Links

Key Dates to Remember

• Dates of Show: July 20th, 21st, and 22nd 2007
  • Final Date For Pre-Registration for Show: June 20th, 2007
  • Final Date To Lock In Room Reservations at $79.00/night: June 20th, 2007

·
Registered
1970 Malibu 2nd owner since 1999 350 M20 Misty Turquoise pearl int bench AT/MT swapped by myself
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: The Official Thread for the 5th ANNUAL ACES NORTHERN REGIONAL Car Show

Bill

There will be plenty of trailer parking available but make sure that you stipulate that on your registration form so we can plan out the parking. If you didn't stipulate that, then contact Carl at [email protected] with the particulars. If you did stipulate that, then all is good!

Shawn

·
Registered
59 Posts

Our goal is to make this one of the best regional events around and we are planning many activities for the weekend.Cruises,lots of prizes,lots of trophies,tons of fun,AWESOME cars from bone stock original to Pro-Street and race.If any of the other ACES associate clubs want to present their own favorite pick award or help in any way,please contact me:J.P [email protected] or (216)789-2518.:hurray: :yes:

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts

That certainly covers all my questions except maybe one. Trailer parking??. The N.J. guys will be coming. We booked rooms for 8 guys with 6 cars/6 trailers.
Quite excited about the show!!..looking forward to going.

One of the "Jersey guys"

·
Premium Member
16,879 Posts

That certainly covers all my questions except maybe one. Trailer parking??. The N.J. guys will be coming. We booked rooms for 8 guys with 6 cars/6 trailers.
Does that include me Bill :D.

I intend on being there, it's just going to be a little tough doing 2 shows 8 hours away in the same month.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Does that include me Bill :D.

I intend on being there, it's just going to be a little tough doing 2 shows 8 hours away in the same month.
We have faith in your ability to adapt to the rigors of the road :thumbsup:

Quite excited about the show!!..looking forward to going.

One of the "Jersey guys"
We're excited too! I've seen your car up close at CB05 (at least I'm pretty sure it was you) and maybe even CB06 and can't wait to have it as a part of our show.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts

I looks like you'll have a bunch of us Long Islanders as well. So far 4 members with 3 cars. Your show was a long topic of conversation at our last meeting so we expect quite a few more.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I looks like you'll have a bunch of us Long Islanders as well. So far 4 members with 3 cars. Your show was a long topic of conversation at our last meeting so we expect quite a few more.

Great! The more the merrier!

I wonder which club will have the most members present???

Hmmmmm..... ;)

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts

Great! The more the merrier!

I wonder which club will have the most members present???

Hmmmmm..... ;)

I hope the Northern Ohio Chevelle Club. lol. Nice job on the post!!!

P.S. For those of you arriving extra early – The Holiday Inn hosts a local Cruise Inn on Thursday nights with a DJ. See www.cruisintimes.org for more info.

·
Registered
59 Posts

Also for anyone who is planning on early arrival,for Thursday night only your rate will only be $69.00.($10.00 off )More money you can spend at Summit Racing:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

·
Registered
2,698 Posts

Love the flyer :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,134 Posts

P.S. For those of you arriving extra early – The Holiday Inn hosts a local Cruise Inn on Thursday nights with a DJ. See www.cruisintimes.org for more info.
We'll be the extra early birds. I'll be there Tuesday evening with the whole family.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

We'll be the extra early birds. I'll be there Tuesday evening with the whole family.:thumbsup:
Wow....looks like we have about 4 people we can add to the 'setup crew' ;)

·
Registered
6,633 Posts

Hey Rob, if you want you could bring the family over to my house for some dinner and a couple of :beers: Or anybody else for that may be in early for that matter..I'm only about 20 miles from Hudson..

·
Registered
59 Posts

OK,we were just going to let this be a surprize at registration but now that we have it locked in for sure so I'm letting one of the cats out of the bag,we'll let the rest out later.The first 150 people to register will be getting a toolbox with a Stanley 10 piece 1/4" drive socket set and a shakelite Flashlight that dose not need batteries,there will be other stuff in the toolbox but we'll let those cats out later,don't wait around.REGISTER today as we are getting registrations every week from Ohio and other states:thumbsup: :hurray:

1 - 20 of 206 Posts