Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's May 1st, time to begin gathering the herd for the convoy to Chevelle-a-bration in Goodlettsville, Tennessee from Little Rock. I need to get a head count on who all is going, and to tell ya'll about a new event happening Tuesday night in North Little Rock.

Last year the travelling folks stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites at 4306 McCain Blvd in North Little Rock. Here's the website- http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hotel/litmb?rpb=hotel&crUrl=/h/d/hi/1/en/hotelsearchresults
This is a nice place with easy access to I-40 without any morning rush hour traffic hassles.

The plan for now is to leave the motel @ 9:00 AM on Wednesday June 4th. If we keep our speed to 60~65 mph that will put us in Memphis around noon. We'll get some lunch (is the Cajun Catfish Restaurant still OK??) and meet up with the Memphis group and head on to Nashville.

Les Saville has kindly offered to feed us barbeque brisket, pork butt, and chicken and fixings at his house on Tuesday night, June 3rd.:hurray: Les's home is only a couple of miles from the Holiday Inn, and he lives on a lightly travelled street, so there won't be a problem driving your cars to his place and parking there. He will need to know how many folks are coming by Friday, May 16th so he can get the food. Any of you semi-local guys (Morrillton, Russellville, Conway, Hot Springs, etc.) need to come over & eat with us even if you're not staying in NLR that night or going to CB08. Water and soft drinks will be supplied, you're on your own for beer and other alcohol.

Please email, PM, or call me with any suggestions and to get on the email list for the convoy. My cell # is 501-425-8136 (leave a message, I don't have it on much) shop # is 501-868-5870, 9:30~5:30 Monday through Friday.

Looking forward to a great time!!:thumbsup:
BillL

·
Premium Member
2,707 Posts
Right now, Matt and I will meet the group a little before 9:00 at the HI Express. I mmmaaaayyyy be able to get away on Tuesday and attend the feast at Les' place. Will advise later. :yes:

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
As of now I will meet the group as it passes the Hazen exit. I would like to make it to the feast and will try to make it on Tuesday night. I will update on the feast as the time gets closer.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
The plan for now is to leave the motel @ 9:00 AM on Wednesday June 4th. If we keep our speed to 60~65 mph that will put us in Memphis around noon. We'll get some lunch (is the Cajun Catfish Restaurant still OK??) and meet up with the Memphis group and head on to Nashville.

Les Saville has kindly offered to feed us barbeque brisket, pork butt, and chicken and fixings at his house on Tuesday night, June 3rd.:hurray:
BillL
Did you say brisket? :D

Even if I don't do anything to the Phoenix but wash her, we'll be there... At least me. Maybe the wife too. Still negotiating.

Les: :bow: I am not worthy.

·
Premium Member
3,900 Posts
Pete,
Glad to hear you are going to CB08 and best of all coming to eat my home smoked BBQ dinner. We hope you get Mary to come along again this year as my wife Linda and Bill's wife Angee are planning to attend, I haven't heard from Bob yet as to whether he and Pat are attending but we hope they will.:D

·
Premium Member
3,900 Posts
As of now I will meet the group as it passes the Hazen exit. I would like to make it to the feast and will try to make it on Tuesday night. I will update on the feast as the time gets closer.
Chris, We have some seats at the BBQ feast table reserved for you guy's hope yall can make it. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Bob, Pat and I are trying to decide when our ETA is and where we will be when we call it a day Tuesday. Stay tuned..........................

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Don't mean to hijack this thread but I am looking to contact Mike Brown if anybody knows how to get a hold of him please email me. Thanks

Have a safe trip you guys. :waving:

·
Premium Member
6,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't mean to hijack this thread but I am looking to contact Mike Brown if anybody knows how to get a hold of him please email me. Thanks

Have a safe trip you guys. :waving:
PM sent. :thumbsup:
BillL

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
Don't know which way I'm going, I am following greg Martin, but if Dean and Big John are going, I am sure its the same way!
I am hyped how bout ya'll? :D
rachael anne :waving:

·
Premium Member
6,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK guys, we need a head count for the Tuesday night BBQ feast at Les's house so he can buy the food.:hurray: Please reply here and/or email Les at [email protected]
Ya'll come!!:D:D
BillL

·
Registered
13,321 Posts
As of now, Zac and I plan to drive straight from OKC to the motel parking lot on Tue.
I sure wish someone else was going all the way on Tue.

·
Premium Member
2,707 Posts
Tuesday......would be nice, but doesn't look good right now, Tom. I probably won't even make the free food feast at Les' place. And I really like BBQ. :(

Guess I need to just plan on a whole week's vacation time from now on. Y'all have fun. I'll see you Wednesday morning. :yes:

·
Premium Member
6,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Danny, don't you have some sick days saved up?? You could leave at noon Tuesday & make it down. Tell them you have a bad case of "Chevelle-a-barbequeitis" and the only treatment for it is in North Little Rock.:D;)
BillL

·
Premium Member
6,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bump-t-bump.
Ya'll remember to bring your walkie-talkies. It's easier to communicate with them instead of phone calls. I'll have a spare if anyone needs one.
Will the guys who are meeting us in Memphis please chime in?? We're planning on lunch at the Cajun Catfish Company restaurant and any of ya'll from the area can join the convoy there.
http://maps.live.com/localsearch/de...resturant&where=Memphis,+TN&s_cid=ansPhBkYp02
BillL

·
Premium Member
2,707 Posts
Bill....are we still departing from the same spot in North LR since the guys from Texas won't be going? What about you, Pete? Still on "go"?

·
Registered
743 Posts
I dont have a Walkie-Talkie. Who all is Staying at the Hampton? I have a room at the Holiday-Inn, but if more from this group are staying at the Hampton Inn I would rather stay there if Possible.
Thanks
Mike Bond

·
Premium Member
6,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'll decide on a place to get the convoy together in a day or two, we'll meet and get our communication situation resolved there. Right now I'm leaning towards the Lonoke exit like we did three years ago, unless someone has an objection to that.

Unless there have been cancellations, the Hampton is booked up. I believe the Quality Inn next to the Hampton has some rooms available.

BillL

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.