Chevelles.com banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Dat's a lotta' complaints plus won't fit in my garage...they used to be trucks...
Only one of those complaints is about the function (too tall for short people to reach in the box from the side)

The other two complaints were price and aesthetics. Neither is a problem if you buy used, because the '14-18 body style is really a good-looking truck and they've taken the worst of their depreciation hit already.

·
Registered
627 Posts
i will never be able to afford one of these,by the time they get in my price range i will be dust in the wind.i do like the looks better then the last few years of trucks,how do the gmc yukons look? have an 01 sub that suits me just fine,and an old 98 tacoma it's rude and crude and rides like a lumber wagon,but i love the heck out of it.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Yikes!!! Starting at 50k! By the time you got any options into it, it's 60-70K. I really want a diesel, but even the I6 is an 8K option just like the big one on the 3/4 / 1 ton. Absolutely ridiculous!

And this damn ipad/tablet obsession in the auto industry needs to end ---- NOW! They are not proper cockpit controls!

·
Registered
101 Posts
This thing doesn't look to bad to me . With that said as much as I'd love a new truck it would have to come with a 10 year 200k bumper to bumper warranty . I got completely screwed on my 02 Duramax with the injector debacle . From GM saying they cant be updated to newer style injectors ( which are on the market 17 years later) the technology was always there and should have been installed the first time a guys injectors crap out . Then the POS 2007 Chevy Tahoe we have has been nothing but issues . From body control module problems to the 4wd not working half the time to the dash cracking for no reason and don't even get me started on the AFM garbage ruining LS engines that used to last 300k miles making them 150k mile engines if your lucky and GM not admitting they screwed us and stepping up to fix the problems . Plus 70k plus for a new truck is out of this world !! I have pretty much made up my mind that I'll be replacing things as the go on my old truck because even if I have to replace all the expensive stuff it will still be 50k plus less then a new truck .

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
My wife's 2011 with 21K on it now tows great. When she got it, after the first year it started sucking oil and the trans was shifting poorly. What fixed it was a puke tank to keep the oil out of the intake manifold and a innovative range AMF disabler deal that goes in the ALDL. The truck has run great ever since and the lousy shifting stopped completely. Sure would like a new 3/4 ton but a strippo reg cab was like 44K and still has manual windows and locks. Sorry ain't biting on that one even if it has the the new 6.6 liter engine.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
The above picture pretty much sums up modern automotive design. Good luck finding yours in the parking lot!

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
AMEN to the picture of the "Crossovers". A tribute to blandness if ever I saw one. I am past needing to make a "statement"with the car I drive but at the same time I refuse to join the herd that apparently is enchanted by those things. I even confess to seeing the utility of the ugly things, I get that.

Here in the suburbs north of "The Atl" it seems that every mommy has one. I sit at stop lights and marvel at the numbers of those ugly things passing before me on a cross street. I sometimes wonder if we are headed to a point where there will be nothing else to buy but a crossover? It started with people falling in love with the things, it grew to the car makers walking away from making almost anything else except trucks and pretty soon I think it is gonna be a reality that there will be nothing else to buy BUT crossovers and trucks.

·
Registered
101 Posts
My wife's 2011 with 21K on it now tows great. When she got it, after the first year it started sucking oil and the trans was shifting poorly. What fixed it was a puke tank to keep the oil out of the intake manifold and a innovative range AMF disabler deal that goes in the ALDL. The truck has run great ever since and the lousy shifting stopped completely. Sure would like a new 3/4 ton but a strippo reg cab was like 44K and still has manual windows and locks. Sorry ain't biting on that one even if it has the the new 6.6 liter engine.
I should do the puke tank mod to our POS Yahoe . Luckily the transmission has been good so far . We do have the little dongle to deactivate AFM on it now but it already has cylinder damage from oil wash down . The only good thing is its not doing any more damage and not using 3 quarts of oil between oil changes . Tell me more about the puke tank mod. I wonder if it would fail the smog test here with that on it .

41 - 51 of 51 Posts