·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
20,389 Posts
$24K for a cracked block?

This is the modern day equivalent of snake oil, or sellingthe Brooklyn Bridge.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Hey Fellas There Is Only Two Bidders On It. Look At Bid History. Some Shill Still Going On Here. He Is Gonna Buy His Own Block. I Think That If You Bid On Your Own Stuff And Get It. You Must Pay A Hefty Price For Consignment Fraud. Never The Less It Is Interesting.

·
Registered
272 Posts
$24K for a cracked block?

This is the modern day equivalent of snake oil, or sellingthe Brooklyn Bridge.
Read on further in the ad and it tells how it was repaired. With a sleeve, that cylinder is in probably better condition than the others. Another thing that helps the value of this block is that it has been refurbised by Jerry MacNeish. He is the 'guru' of Camaros, and his word and work is considered gold.

·
Registered
20,389 Posts
Read on further in the ad and it tells how it was repaired. With a sleeve, that cylinder is in probably better condition than the others. Another thing that helps the value of this block is that it has been refurbised by Jerry MacNeish. He is the 'guru' of Camaros, and his word and work is considered gold.
I read that.

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
I would rather put my money towards a GM performance parts ZL-1 block instead.

·
Registered
238 Posts
And then yoo guys you know what I miss a deal on a true L-88 corvette engine all matching complete running and rebuilt. In perfect condition with 512 casting and so on for 1500 euros including shipping to germany from britain.( so he only wanted like maybe 800-900 bucks for it)
I told him I would have to see and I called him back one day to late. (had to get some money only 17)

Man you know the feeling your just like trying to kick yourself in the ....
But oh well at least my chevelle is a true export model. It was registered in austria in 14th dec 69 and built in July so it must have been an export.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts