Chevelles.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
Maybe there is a large sack of cash in the trunk?

·
Premium Member
8,929 Posts
GEE.......... Another Small Block Malibu, Makes the BIG TIME!.....:laugh:
Bob

Reactions: 1966_L78

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
He’s fishing.

They are trying to drive traffic to their website. I think they are trying to attract the uninformed buyers if the world. If you look at their site, they “sold” one car on eBay over the last 90 days, and that was sold to someone that made an offer.

Steve R

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
It’s a typo. It’s listed on their site for $79,900.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Great looking Chevelle. But only 26 Miles? Hardly.
And just when did 1970 BBC's have "Bowtie" cylinder heads? Like never.
But looks like an excellent restoration job overall though.
The $79K asking figure is more realistic.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
It’s obviously not the original, numbers-matching engine, so we’re not going to worry about the minutiae of numbers, but rather focus on the whole reason these cars are awesome: horsepower. This sucker is STRONG.
Translation:dismiss your perception about value and buy this car on our say that the car is strong, whatever that means.

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
Great looking Chevelle. But only 26 Miles? Hardly.
And just when did 1970 BBC's have "Bowtie" cylinder heads? Like never.
But looks like an excellent restoration job overall though.
The $79K asking figure is more realistic.
But without any proof it’s a real SS with a NOM and a complete color change isnt 79k still about 20-30k to high?

·
Premium Member
8,929 Posts
The A/C outlets on the dash are not 1970, They have NO shut off leavers. 70s had chrome shut off leavers on the square vents and the center vent.
The A/C mounting brackets on the engine are 71-72 as the pipes and other items. Somewhere there is a 71-72 Chevelle missing a lot of A/C parts.
Bob

Reactions: keithb

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Great description...."suggests and we believe"...they don't know anything about the car; $799K..?? I wouldn't go a dollar over 798.!

I love it when a seller doesn't know ANYTHING about what's in the engine, trans, or rear...RUN AWAY.

·
Registered
11,961 Posts
The description tells it all. Old resto with lots of stuff changed
The ol typo approach and trick words hoping to let some guy think hes gonna bargain them down a bunch?

This hobby I swear....LOL

Gotta say its amazing some of the minute details you guys know about these. Levers for vents on xx yr etc Id never figure that stuff in 100 years.
Who knows where these cars have been for 50 yrs.

·
Premium Member
17,420 Posts
Great description...."suggests and we believe"...they don't know anything about the car;

I love it when a seller doesn't know ANYTHING about what's in the engine, trans, or rear...RUN AWAY.
Plausible deniability... either that or someone only in it for the money...

IMO, I'd never trust a seller (dealer or otherwise), that didn't know the details of the car they were selling, especially in an ad... Geez, they could have taken a few hours to familiarize themselves with the car and written a better ad...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts