Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The TH/BH Chevelle is breathing again! We fired it up for the first time last night! Check the web page below! WE have new pics and will even have a soundbyte in the future of the initial startup!

(sorry for multiple posts, but I'm so freakin' happy!)

Thanks for everyone's help and support!

------------------
Tom H.
Member #259
www.iquest.net/~bharold/chevelle/

[This message has been edited by TH (edited 07-23-99).]

·
Registered
339 Posts
Nothing like a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day. Glad to hear it's making music and good luck with this. tom

·
Registered
2 Posts
you have a sweet looking chevelle,,,i'm doing a hardtop with some customizing,,,mildly built 350,bore 30 over,,flattops,,202 valve heads,,,mild cam,,spreadbore holley carb,,,700r4 tranny,,hoping to have it running end of aug,,waiting for it to get painted,,do you have any 300 tailite bezels with a reasonale price???i'm decroming mine and doing solid evening orchid eith gray int..i'm currently driving a 65 impala convt....enjoy,,OLE

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,662 Posts
Nice car. It looks like a real sleeper, but still looks like it could be hiding something wicked. Like some of the mid-60's max wedge and hemi Mopars. Hope to see it at some local cruises. von

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all your compliments. My brother deserves them just as much as I do. He was a major motivating force and the source for all manual labor on weekdays when I was stuck at the office. He constructed the web page himself as well. I'm sure he'd appreciate any comments: [email protected]

67Rat, got any pics online we could see?

kmo, I dig your R4 swap. Overdrive will be nice. Wish we woulda had bucks for that sort of tranny.

von, what a great compliment! That's exactly how we wanted it to look! Sleepy and plain, but maybe a little more than meets the eye.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much HP? Good question, Pat. You got me. How much did Hot Rod's budget motor do with the Vortec heads? Ours is vaguely similar. I've described this motor to many people along the way of it's buildup and had estimates from 375 to barely 300. I tend to think it's mid 3s with our lack of knowledge on tuning. Anyone care to give me a crash course in supertuning a 350?

------------------
Tom H.
Member #259
www.iquest.net/~bharold/chevelle/

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Tom, I absolutely love the way the car looks. Like everyone else said, it's looks like a sleeper. BTW, the best way to supertune a 350 is to add exactly 77 ci and call it a rat!Just kidding. When you get to it, I'm sure this huge knowledge base we have at our fingertips will make your "junkyard" rebuild scream.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.