Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
as some of you may know i just about finished my frame off restoration on my 71. I pulled a front end wire harness out of a 71 4 door malibu because the previous one in my car was corroted together creating a mess. The car is fully charged and i drive it a couple times, and its dead again when i try to start it. :confused: This harness appears to be fine. The alternator is a chrome powermaster 100 something amp alternator i bought used from ebay. I had it checked out at the parts store, and its supposedly fine. My dual 1000 CCA batteries are mounted in the trunk. And im still losing power somewhere. I checked and double checked my grounds and their mating surfaces. What should i do.. I am going to try to swap back to the old alternator that i never had problems with. If that doesnt work, i guess i should buy a new harness. Can you offer any thought?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John,
thanks for pointing me to that forum. Lots of things i can still try. but i got a question,
lets say i am at the point where i am pulling fuses and the test light goes out. Then what do i do from there?

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Depends on what it is. Could be just a light that's staying on. Could be that you really have a charging problem. Not enough information yet. Just guessing at this point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts