Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday was my last Locomotive Engineer trip worked after 38 1/2 years of railroading. Tough decision as I still liked the job and the vast majority of people I worked with but you can't work forever. Time now for travel, fishing, racing, and generally anything else I want to do. My wife met me at the shop track when I got in and took a few pics.

Train Sky Vehicle Blue Rolling stock

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
CONGRATS SIR! Thats alot of service for a young pup!~
LOL. I hired on when I was 19 which was a good thing. Had decent seniority by the time I was 30 and retired as #18 on the seniority list out of about 3500 engineers. Time to go. Saw too many brothers retire and die within a few years and quite a few never made it to retirement age. My wife loves her job and wants to work for another year or two.

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
View attachment 754981

Well done Rick! You did the Train's part... now it's time for planes and automobiles! That looks like an SD40-2 3000hp right? CP Rail ID 5738, hey wait a minute, are there other's with the same ID?
SD75 4300hp. Nice quiet locomotives built by GM in the mid 90's. Decal in the cab says "Whisper Cab". Units built 20 years later were not this quiet, although they lack air conditioning and the heaters are not that great in -40.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts