Team Chevelle banner

That Will Do!

1375 41
Saturday was my last Locomotive Engineer trip worked after 38 1/2 years of railroading. Tough decision as I still liked the job and the vast majority of people I worked with but you can't work forever. Time now for travel, fishing, racing, and generally anything else I want to do. My wife met me at the shop track when I got in and took a few pics.

Train Sky Vehicle Blue Rolling stock
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,179 Posts
Congrats Rick. Enjoy your earned time off. I’m right on your heels. I hit my maximum date in another 5 days. But I’m thinking about sticking it out till this coming March.
I only have 22 years at the Airline but spent another 25 years in another industry.

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Congrats dude, now stay busy in your retirement. I know I do and sitting around is the worst thing for a person. Enjoy that railroad pension.

·
Registered
1971 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu
10,972 Posts
That's right you can't work forever. Since I retired in Jan. of 2013 there have been a bunch of people I knew that couldn't wait to be in my shoes but they never made it. Enjoy yourself it's time.

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
CONGRATS SIR! Thats alot of service for a young pup!~
LOL. I hired on when I was 19 which was a good thing. Had decent seniority by the time I was 30 and retired as #18 on the seniority list out of about 3500 engineers. Time to go. Saw too many brothers retire and die within a few years and quite a few never made it to retirement age. My wife loves her job and wants to work for another year or two.

·
Premium Member
5,245 Posts
Congrats Rick. I understand how railroading gets in your blood. My Dad worked for Norfolk Southern all his life and lived for another 31 years after he retired. A day never went by without his conversation turning to the rails.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts