Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bill,
I never followed up and thanked you for your help with my radio. It was the connector from the windshield antenna that plugged in to the back of my radio that needed replaced and my problem was solved! Thank You.

Got that fixed and the starter took a crap so really haven't had chance to enjoy the radio yet but the time will come after this starter/ignition/hot start issue is resolved! ;)

·
Registered
543 Posts
No problem, Scott!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rick,
No, I didn't replace the whole antenna wire, just the connector on the end of the wire that plugs into the back of the radio. Radio Shack had the connector I needed and they did have whole antenna wires but if you need one for a windshield antenna, I don't know where you'd find one. Maybe docaudio(bill) would know.
Or at least he probably knows how to make one.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Mine is poor shape, but plan on replacing the windshield which I'll get a new lead-in wire. I think to repair, you could first contact a good windshield installer to see if they can help. The wire is terminated with a standard RCA type plug(like on the back of your stereo) You might have to solder a new 3" to 4" inch sheilded wire at the point where the lead comes out of the windshield. Use a spare RCA patch cable - you get one just about any CD or stereo you buy. Don't solder the sheild, strip the cable so the inner wire is clear of the outer shield...just make sure it does not short to the center conductor. I like to use a little shrink wrap at the joint to cover and protect it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts