Team Chevelle banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to Mice, I Think I found my build sheet. My 67 Chevelle SS Conv is being restored but I have the interior in my garage. The rear seat backrest on the driver side had some fluffy padding coming out after a mouse tried to make a home there. I quickly moved the interior in the house and after looking closer to the damage, the mouse had uncovered an end of a piece of paper hog ringed to the back seat backrest. I removed the paper and it does have numbers identifying the 13867 and M21 rear end but it is hand written and not much other info. I do have the original window sticker and inspection sheet but thought maybe the build sheet would be a little more elaborate in the info.
Is this my build sheet? Car was built in Kansas City.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
The bucket seats cost more than the upgraded 350hp engine, LOL go figure.

·
Premium Member
2,181 Posts
I found something similar in a 69 Chevelle backseat.

·
Premium Member
19,751 Posts
The first piece of paper wouldn't be considered a 'build sheet' as such but more of a hand-written note briefly identifying the car it may go in. Window sticker and inspection sheet are really nice though!

Keep up the restoration!

·
Premium Member
4,995 Posts
A convertible sold in St Paul, MN....HMMMMMMMM. Guessing with their weather pattern over the last 40 years, the owner's got maybe 3 months a year use out of em. Nice document.

·
Premium Member
19,751 Posts
Be aware that 'build sheet' is a term used in the aftermarket and hobbyists (like trim tag or cowl tag). I think (could be wrong) the proper term is Broadcast Copy sheets and come in various forms and may differ from plant to plant even in the 70's. The 'typical' build sheet has been found as far back as 1964 in Chevelles but only at certain plants, most noteably Fremont. BODY BROADCAST COPY & CHASSIS BROADCAST COPY sheets are more often found in earlier (64-69) than build sheets. These are commonly found taped/glued to the inside of the front fenders and are usually pretty well used up after 35-40 years.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Brad, what options are on your car's cowl tag? I'm wondering if there may be one for the D96 paint stripe.

Thanks, Warren

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to all who replied and for the great info!

As far as the 67 SS Conv being sold and still in St. Paul, yes the winters made this a low milage car but the first owner adminted that he did drive it a couple of winters when his other car wouldn't start. Yes that added to the rust factor but I bought the car with 76,000 orig miles and it's now over 78,000. Still low so not bad for a Conv in MN:D

69BADBOY asked where I looked for the build sheet. I looked in the rear seat lower and backrest. The front buckets are at the shop and I have never taken them apart. The fenders were replaced by the ogininal body restoration guy and if you read that post you would know he was a total hack and that is why the restore is being completely redone 6 years later. No chance that guy would have ever found or known what it was and give it to me.

TAR6569 you asked about the D69 on the cowl tag. As the original window sticker and inspection sheet state, The car had a D96 "Maybe you mixed numbers" Wide Paint Stripe feature. I don't see anything on the cowl tag numbers that denote the D96 Wide Paint Stripe feature. Interesting though as the Wide paint stripe was not actualy paint and the original owner told me they can still be bought and applied. Mine was originaly red.

Dale, I think you hit the nail on the head when you said that the paper I found is probably just a hand written Broadcast "Assist" sheet with info for a certain line of the production. My car is not a loaded '67 SS Conv but the original owner stated to me that he bought it with nothing but speed in mind. That is the clearer reason why he did not want an auto top, power steering, and power brakes. The weight was the factor. This would also mean a "short list" for a broadcast sheet.

I wonder if anyone has a Broadcast sheet photo from a '67 SS Kansas City build. Would it look much different from another KC year Chevelle SS?

PS. Dale, I'll send you a photo of the cowl tag on Tuesday.

·
Premium Member
19,751 Posts
The optional wider D96 stripes wouldn't be on the trim tag of those plants that listed group options as they didn't require any body or interior modifications to install. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.