Team Chevelle banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ordered paint on friday,was at the door step today.spi rep very helpfull and even saved me some $$$:hurray:.if this paint sprays half as good as they are helpfull I will be very happy.thanks to all for suggesting them:thumbsup:
eric:beers:

·
Registered
20,389 Posts
hmmm, I'll have to give that a try

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
What other kind of reducer can be used if you don't have SPI's?

Due to what I've read on here, I have my first gallon of epoxy and I can't wait to try it. I'm in the middle of stripping an entire car.....URRRRGGGHHH!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I have been using DT885, which is what Barry said was ok to use. It goes on like glass with a little splash in the cup. The guys recommend to use a shot glass for every full cup on your gun(20oz?) Still sands great like a 2k primer, and I love the smell too. Has a nice odor.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SPRAYING TORCH RED WITH BLACK STRIPES OF COURSE.I KNOW IT'S BEEN DONE A MILLION TIMES,BUT I JUST LOVE A RED CHEVELLE.PLAN TO SRAY 2ND WEEKEND IN JUNE AS THE MOTHER IN LAW IS VISITING FROM ENGLAND AND TAKING WIFE AND KIDS TO SANIBEL TO GIVE ME SOME PEACE AND QUIET TO GET THE PAINT ON.:hurray:
ERIC:beers:

·
Registered
650 Posts
Yep! Good price, good service, and as far as my beginner experience will take it, good paint. I highly recommend it.

I have 100% SPI products on the car and will spray clear tomorrow. I have a Black base coat, and put some blue pearl in with their mid-coat clear over the black.

I also used their ultra-white on the cowl hood and mixed in some white pearl.

Steve

·
Registered
368 Posts
I started using SPI products a couple of years ago. I've spoken to Barry a couple of times and he is always helpful. I'm sure he has answered the questions I had hundreds of times, but he always takes the times to fully explain how to use SPI products. They have my business from here forward.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for the replys.so far they have been very helpfull.looking forward to spraying the paint.will post pics when done

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
When it come to customer support it gets no better in the paint world than SPI. I spoke to Barry yesterday morning getting some suggestions on obtaining different gloss levels with his single stage black for under hood components. I then called Baker and placed an order for a few items. In 30 hours from hanging up the phone (order placed) it was on my doorstep. To have 2 gallons of product shipped it cost a whopping 5 dollars. When it comes to paint, Barry is what UD Harold is to cams.....In my eyes it don't get much better.......:thumbsup:

·
Registered
650 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
when I ordered mine to total came to 578 .when I asked about shipping he said n/c.could not belive it.had it by fed ex 2 days later.can't ask for much more than that:hurray:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.