Team Chevelle banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a "small" incident in which some things were melted in the engine compartment during renovations.

One of them was the kick down cable. I purchased a new one from ground up but I have 2 issues. The first is that my original had a larger end with an o-ring and fit snuggly in the transmission hole. The new one is smaller and has an o-ring at the top. Doesn't seem like it will seal nearly as well.

The second is that the bolt to hold it in is smaller than the original and I lost the original! :mad:

Are there different versions of this cable? I searched but couldn't find my original.

·
Premium Member
13,736 Posts
There are different versions, but not sure when the year break is?

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
I have one on the shelf,,not used anymore.Its the one with the o ring under the flange.yours if you want.the bolt shouldn,t be hard to get,,any 1/4 inch should do.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate the offer, but that's the style that I received already. It must be OK. I just need to figure out the thread size now as the one they sent was 1/4" and it is a hair small. You can almost push it in without turning it.

Anyone know the other size?

·
Registered
219 Posts
I don't know the thread size but the bigger bolt is metric 10mm wrench size on my TH350. The kickdown with the o-ring right under the flat always leaked on mine. I recently replaced it with Dorman #04212 which uses the top hat rubber seal. Any local trans shop should have one of these, I had to buy one off EBay because the cable didn't come with the seal.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
10mm sounds right. I will try that.

I wish I could find the same cable I had which fit snug into the hole with an o-ring about an 1/8" below the flat. I will look for that top hat style gasket if I can't find it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts