Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of at a loss right now. Installed a new ZZ502, Super Street Fighter TH350, and Ultimate Street Fighter converter and the trans is puking fluid from the front seal area. Called TCI and they said I damaged the seal on the install. Seams likely, so I replaced the front seal, and surprise surprise it still pukes. Greased the seal and the converter snout. It looks like the fluid is running down directly front the seal. Should I install it with RTV or some type of sealant? Could it be a bad pump? Bad pump bushing? Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Possible leak from the converter? Have someone pressure test the converter and see if it leaks around the pump drive weld.

·
Premium Member
7,049 Posts
Maybe pump seal?

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
1979 was last year of production for this transmission, so the cores have been thru hell. Out of round pump body or scarred matching case o-ring sealing area is a source of possible leak, no seal washers on pump bolts, or a crack in outer pump body are things to check if convertor hub weld is not the problem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts