Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 1970 El Camino with a TH-350 Automatic. I am in the process of replacing the cooler lines and I was wondering if lines go all the way from the radiator directly into the transmission or if there is supposed to be two short lines that come out of the transmission and meet the cooler lines. I got some from The Paddock and they are giving me a lot of trouble.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I just had my tranny guy replace my lines. he put in one piece hardlines all the way to the radiator. the ones he replaced were one peice units too. except they were cut by the radiator to hook up to rubber line. the trany guy said never use rubber lines. I think if u had short ones from the tranny, it would be a lot easier to do them yourself. the connections on the tranny are in a very hard place to reach. at least with my 454 and headers its hard to reach.
Justin

·
Registered
336 Posts
The lines are definitely 1 piece. You could try returning the Paddock lines and get a pair from Classic Tubes
(800-Tubes11). They can be slow in delivering, but they computer prebend the lines. Got a pair for my 73 for $45. The box is huge and it is a pain to snake the line into place with the motor and everything in place. Get the steel lines, the stainless are not too much more but real hard to bend by hand, those are better for a frame off dissasembled car. Classic tube can make any line you can take off the car and send to them.

------------------
Frank W
Gen X Member#22 (MA)
73 Malibu Coupe
http://hometown.aol.com/folingo/myhomepage/auto.html
Mighty 305 Power

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.