Chevelles.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone looking for a trigger, or TFS switch for your electric fan should go here: http://www.electricfanengineering.com/dyno-tro.htm
These guys have the switches that screw into the block or intake to trigger your electric fan at a pre-set temperature. You can choose your temperature range. Just be sure to specify that you are only looking for the switch. The sales people are kind of pushy and arrogant but you can't find these switches anywhere else for nearly as cheap. They are COD only. Thanks to all of you for your help in the past, I hope that this information helps those in need. Good Luck!

Forgot to mention, my switch was only $18.99!

And one last thing-a toll-free order number
800-338-4120.
------------------
1969 Camaro 383/365HP, B/W T-56 Six Speed, 12 bolt, Power Trax Locker, 3.73, 4 Whl. Disc brakes, console w/gauge package, tach, clock, tilt, Black Deluxe houndstooth interior, rear window defogger, all eurethane bushings.

[This message has been edited by Go69 (edited 03-05-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Go69 (edited 03-05-2002).]

·
Registered
659 Posts
Did you get the 50amp or the 25 amp model?

If they will really take 50amps, you could control the fan(s) directly without needing a relay. That would simplify wiring a lot.

I wonder if they are compatable with antifreeze? It appears that they are ment to be used in a gas (freon) and not a liquid.

------------------
Charles Perrell
[email protected]
65 malibu SS Convertible
283 2v powerglide

·
Registered
859 Posts
I like this one.....completely adjustable with no new wires or new sensors. Go to http://centechwire.com/catalog/accessories/fc2p.shtml for more info

The device that is referred to in the original post looks good tho! Thanks for the info...

------------------
Steve Jack - ConceptOne Pulleys and Brackets / Engineering & Marketing Technologies

·
Premium Member
5,063 Posts
Good links guys!

I think the TFS switches are just like the one I have from Painless wiring. Only they charged me $35.00 for it.

Hotrod. that is a neat little piece. Keep the engine bay nice and clean. kinda pricey, but what the hell isn't on our cars.

------------------
71' 3880# with me. Big Block 402, Merlin oval heads, 10.2:1CR, TH400, 3.73 posi,
1/8th: 8.0 @ 88mph
BEST 60': 1.85 w/street tires.
BEST 1/4: 12.5 with 1.89 sixty foot (street tires)
BEST MPH: 109mph

Picture of me roasting the tires and other guy stuff
Video of me staging (smoke of course)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Wonder how big the single relay is?

Im not sure what each of the windstar fans pulls or combined total. If someone has that data that would be good. Looks like this company also has external temp sensors and dual 30 amp relay kits for a reasonable price.

Thanks for info, have the windstar fans havnt installed them yet or done the alternator conversion yet. Hopefully next mod I make to car.

·
Registered
659 Posts
if you used the TPS (Tempreture/Pressure Sensor) switch, you should be able to run them without needing a relay if they really are rated at 50A.

Better yet, get two, one for each fan. maybe buy two different temp settings (one on at 185°, the other at 195°). At 19$ each, that would probably still be less than the cost of a big amp relay or the centech box.

------------------
Charles Perrell
[email protected]
65 malibu SS Convertible
283 2v powerglide

·
Registered
234 Posts
That thought did cross my mind. Im currently running a 195 stat in the car. I would like to find a switch like that that went off at 195 and on at 205. Up here in the desert during the summer, with the air on, keeping it below 195 is a challenge even with a lower thermostat. Dont want them running all the time. Also, if you shut the car down and dont let it cool off below the switch setting the fans would come on the minute the key is engaged. 40-50amps is a lot of extra load to put on the battery when starting. Could put a toggle switch in series inside the car but not sure I want to mess with that....Hummm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts