Team Chevelle banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wipers in my 66 have suddenly quit working. I know the switch and motor are prob OEM, and I replaced both forward harnesses last year.
Is there an easy way to tell which is bad, the switch or the motor?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I would check the fuse first, it should be second from the top. If the fuse is ok, check to see that you have 12 volts on the yellow wire on the motor, when the ignition is on. If you don't have power on the yellow wire, check all of your connections(inline and firewall connections). If you have power the next thing to check is your switch, make sure the switch has a good ground,(the housing of the switch should be grounded). The light blue wire on the motor should be grounded with the switch in the low and high position. The black wire on the motor should be grounded only with the switch in the low position. If these wires are not grounded check to make sure the jumper harness has not come unplugged. If the connections are ok and you still have no ground,then it could be the switch. If you have power and ground, then the motor is more than likely bad. Hope this helps.

------------------
Ken<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Aces # 125<LI>Team Chevelle # 586[/list]My 67 and other projects

[This message has been edited by KEN67RAT (edited 01-02-2001).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts