Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am building a '66 [Chevelle]street machine for a buddy of mine. It has an '85 vette engine w/custom injection. The aluminum heads have the small hole for the sending unit and the stock cars guage requires the large hole. I do not want to drill bigger. Is there a "small" sending unit out there that I can use to operate his stock guage?
I have checked my parts books but the sending units that will fit are different ohm ranges.

Thanks!
Mark Please E-mail me off line.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Mark
If you wanted email responses, just click that feature when you first post. Maybe get a water outlet or gooseneck with a larger hole for the original sender?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John[and all] On my engine..in a '66 Chevelle is an '85 Corvette TPI w/a modified-for-electronic-fuel injectors, Enderly IR type of intake manifold, there is no T-stat or housing. There are two -12 hoses off each side that go to the radiator. There is no other access holes to the coolant other than on the side of the head. I was hoping someone had that magic part# of the sending unit that will work for me!!
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Solo2r, Are there any bosses on the intake that can be drilled and tapped for the larger sending unit? I don't know of and have not heard anyone else speak of a smaller size sender to use with the stock gages. I have sent this in an email to you as well.

------------------
Tom Wood
Gold Member #66
502 Powered '66 SS

Some pictures of my '66 under construction;
http://home.attbi.com/~tkmwood55/

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Drill and tap the original sender hole.
I did it on my cast iron heads with them in the car and the headers on.
Special thanks to Team member CB for that.

------------------
Philip Mullaly
72 TPI El Camino
You can never fix a Ford,You can only work on them alot.
The Z-meano
Cowl induction injection

1 - 5 of 5 Posts