Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed new temp guage. New 180 degree thurmastat, and new sending unit. When I started car temp guage went to first line past 210. Thinking connection was bad since I have the 180 thurm. I disconnected sending unit wire and reconnected while car running. Now the guage pegs past 250. If I shut car off and restart, guage goes to 250 then back to about 180 then slowly back to past 250. Any ideas on what's wrong. I had to put a new female end on sending unit wire. I didn't have any factory ends so I used a 14 guage end I had in garage. It looks like its aluminum. Should it be copper or brass. I also put just the bare wire on sending unit but same problem exists. Sorry for length trying to be a detailed as I can. Thanks Wayne

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John, sorry it took so long to get back to you. I went away for the weekend. the guage goes to far left 100 degrees when key is turned to on position and car is cold.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.