Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to restore my 66 chevelle, but have no tech manuals on this project. If anyone knows where I can find this material please let me know ASAP.
Thank You

Baloo66

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
You have some choices here: you can hit the used bookstores or buy repro's of the manuals you need. Ground Up (site sponsor) has the factory assembly manuals for $19 ; this manual is a must-have. Also, you would do well to get a chassis shop manual, a Fisher body manual, and maybe an overhaul manual. These are all originally GM publications. The major restoration supply places sell many of these. Take a look at the Haynes manual for Chevelles; it can be useful for some things.

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
There are also 2 soft cover books that may be of help to you. They are "How to Restore You're Muscle Car" and "How to Restore You're Classic". Both by Tom Brownell. The titles I listed may not be 100% accurate but are close. Both are general books that include useful tips and ideas. One or the other is usually stocked in mall bookstores.

------------------
Rick Schaefer
72 El Camino
TPI 350/700r4
Aces #00140
TEAM CHEVELLE #00038

·
Premium Member
2,001 Posts
The Assembly manual is a big help if you want to put it together right. It even shows where all the little clips go.
Is that J WAGNER the JIM WAGNER that wrote "glory days"?

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
No this is just Jeff Wagner that does all his writing on Chevelle Tech. (Did write some tech articles for motorbike mags in the mid 70's though).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.