Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody using one of these? I am installing one on my transmission, but it doesn't seem to be fully seating. I was told I should feel 3 clicks when its fully seated. I think I felt the three clicks, but it just doesn't look like it is in far enough. If you look behind the converter at the shaft that it slides on, the convertor is not all the way against the transmission. But judging from the front of the transmission, the converter looks like it is the correct depth to bolt up to the flywheel with no problems. Am I just worrying about nothing, or does something not sound quite right?

------------------
Mark "THE DUDE" Skoch
1971 Malibu
(it's gonna be cool someday, really!)
THE DUDEMOBILE
Confucius say "Man with hand in pocket feel cocky all day"

·
Registered
86 Posts
When i installed mine i had the same problem. My input spline was a little bured so i had to file it some. I also spun the converter when installing it pushing at the same time. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
982 Posts
You've probably got it.
There should be enough room that if you try to put your fingers behind the converter that they should just squeeze in. You should have to pull the converter out about 1/8 inch when bolting it to the flywheel, and probably even have to use a washer or two

[This message has been edited by Big Block Dave (edited 07-09-2001).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.