Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 16 year old daughter is driving the 65 Impala with 350 headers and turbo's. The 69 Chevelle is in the garage. The rule is, this past summer, she can get into the primaries to hear the turbos, but no more. Well we live in a small town and I have not heard of any abuse of her driving habits from the town people or the police this past summer.
Last week end she was driving and I was riding. Before she got to an intersection I looked for the law. Saw none. She stared to roll from the red light and I said FLOOR IT. She looked at me ????? and I said FLOOR IT again. With hesitation she pushed it down. The car increased in rpms and shortly the four barrel opened and gave us that thrill of acceleration with the sound of headers and turbos. When the four barrel opened, her eyes got a little bigger and her smile. The motor turned to about maybe 4800 to 5000 and she lifted and then shifted the Glide to drive. Then she went back to the speed limit. I could tell she liked it. It was fun for me to see her experience horse power.
I don't know for sure if she has done this before. I do think she drives the old cars with respect and earns the thrill once in a while as I do.
Some might think I shouldn't teach her, at the age of 16, to floor it, but to be honest if she keeps her good driving record, I'm already thinking about the next time next summer when I say FLOOR IT.

------------------
stano
69 SS

·
Super Moderator
16,020 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
You said it Rich!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status