Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to raise the rear of my 67 1 to 1 1/2 inches. I have factory springs and i'm not sure if i should get spacers made or if there are some different springs i can buy.:beers:

·
Premium Member
7,984 Posts
Back in the day the cheap and easy way was to use used springs from a Chevelle wagon.
Been there, done that, Works like a charm!!! You can get them at any AutoParts store.

·
Registered
14,546 Posts
I think thats what I put under my elcamino. I dont even know where they came from, but the wire was thicker than what was on there. now the tops of the 275 60s are just under the wheel lip. jim

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
Been there, done that, Works like a charm!!! You can get them at any AutoParts store.
Are you sure about that? I looked for '67 Wagon springs for my '67 Chevelle for 3 weeks, not one Auto Parts store even had a listing for them.

Luckily, I found this chart online, & chose springs accordingly.

http://bbb-carb.com/moog_Coil_Springs.htm

I used spring #5399, which were originally used for El Caminos from 67-72. I got about an 1 1/2" lift from them. My 275-60 15s sit about an inch under the rear wheel wells.

The 67 SS calls for spring #5385, which is what I had in the car. So if you compare the 2, you can see the difference.

Pete

1 - 5 of 5 Posts