Chevelles.com banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday night we have a street legal drags going on Here. It's only an 1/8 mile track hoping to run mid 7's don't think it's to out of the question.
i just purchased this and love it so far heres some info on it let me know what you think.
Under the hood:
I just had the motor completely rebuilt over this winter.
-GM Performance Parts Big Block 502ci V8
-All forged internals
-Edelbrock roller cam
-Edelbrock Victor Jr. CNC ported aluminum heads
-Comp valvetrain
-Edelbrock Victor Jr. polished intake manifold
-Wilson Manifold 1” carb spacer
-Holley 850 double pumper
-K&N Extreme Intake
-ARP fasteners on everything
-Complete MSD Ignition setup including billet distributor, blaster 3 coil, 6AL ignition box and retard module.
-Accel ceramic spark plug wires (I love these, impossible to burn through)
-Hooker Super Comp equal length headers, heat wrapped and silicone coated. 2” primary tubes and 3 1/2" collectors.
-Dual 3 ½” stainless steel exhaust, with X pipe and Pypes Race Pro mufflers. Turn downs just before the rear end.
-Black Mountain 2” cog pulley system (one of my favorite parts)
-All accessories are polished
-Aluminum dual row radiator, built in trans cooler, dual electric fans (this does an awesome job of keeping the big block cool on hot days)

Drivetrain:
-TCI Super Streetfighter Turbo 400 trans
-TCI converter
-Hurst shifter
-Heavy-duty driveshaft
-Currie Ford 9” rear end, Currie center section with 3.89 gears and Detroit Truetrac, Currie 9+ axels.
-4 wheel drums (next on my list for an upgrade)
-Front wheels are Centerline 15x7 wrapped in Mickey Thompson Sportsman rubber
-Rear wheels are 15x10 wrapped in 315 Mickey Thompson ET Streets.

Interior
-All Autometer Cobalt gauges
-Lecarra steering wheel
-Corbeau racing seats
-Sparco racing harnesses
-New carpet
-New SS floor mats

Other
-20 gallon aluminum fuel cell in the trunk
-Optimum Red Top Battery in the trunk, inside enclosed Taylor aluminum battery box
-Battery cutoff switch located below the back bumper
-Ebach lowering springs
-Edelbrock shocks
-Airbags inside the rear springs to adjust for straight launches
-Lakewood fully boxed upper and lower control arms
-front and rear strut bar
-Aeromotive fuel system including fuel pump, regulator, 2 filters, all high quality fuel line and -8an fittings

·
Premium Member
2,992 Posts
You have a picture?

·
Premium Member
11,262 Posts
wow! Lotsa parts there Josh

post specs like this so we do not have to go look it up or guess;
this Eddy roller? 236/[email protected], .625/.639, 112lsa
would be a nice torquey cam in a 500" BBC

4 wheel DRUM with all that bolted-in arse-whuppin? puttin the cart before the horse! very glad you have a disc upgrade in the works.

If you have experience with this stuff, it could be a lethal combo
Then again, I've seen stuff that should fly on paper that does not fly at the track does not. Getting this thing to launch will be easier with an automatic. Tell me, what are converter stall/characteristics/part number?

Should mid 7 no issue IF you can attain some traction and out mph my little 454 by 5 mph

·
Registered
579 Posts
need pics lol. sounds like a nice combo, but get to that disc upgrade quick before you find the limits of those drums. I had a heck of a time slowing from low 12's with the drums in my car, 4 wheel disc was one of my favorite upgrades :)

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
The track I run at (State Capital Raceway in Baton Rouge) has plenty enough room for me to slow down with 4 wheel drums.

And yes, I would still love a disc upgrade....$$

I think you will surpass your goal rather quickly.

Have fun!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the front disc brakes now. Just copy and pasted this from an old post didn't want to type it out again lol. The stall is just a street stall tci nos antiballoon 2800rpm

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
IF it hooks, mid 7s will be a breeze. Good luck!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The tires seem to do alright on the street do spin quite a bit hope they do better at the track plan on taking it a few times this summer. Any one run air bags in the rear end and what pressure are you running for best hook up

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Well, the majority of the list has little to do with power. That comes from the heads, cam, and intake/carb. Along with tuning.
Not real clear on the cam, but it seems like the heads and intake would love something in the 250 dur and .650 lift range.

The drivetrain sounds stout.

Depending on weight, 7 flat ought to be a goal.

Ton of if's here.

Ron

·
Premium Member
11,262 Posts
moderate stall, actually doing you a favor,,,more stall and you would have a hard time hooking

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The car is mainly a street car only going to go to the track just for fun thats why I like the stall its very streetable I drive my 15 month old son around in all the time and he loves it. I'll post the times tomorrow after i go any tips or suggestions before I go?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Good looking ride. any pics of the interior? also what is the size and offset of the wheels? you tucked the 315s in the wheel well very nice, any modifications to the wheel well or suspension to get them to fit?

·
Premium Member
11,262 Posts
2nd stage light on, hold brake against rolling and bring the throttle just off idle. Floor the gas and let go of the brake as the last yellow lights
Do NOT load the converter

1 - 20 of 46 Posts