Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help!
yes!got my antique plates,no more state inspection(I hate someone elses greasy hands on my chevelle)my question is how do I get the outdated sticker off the windsheild without scratching it?any ideas would help.could use a strait razor,but might scratch the glass.thanx.67rat member #199

·
Registered
262 Posts
Ive used a razor several times and havent scratched the window yet. Keep the window wet and keep the razor at a low angle.

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx clark
Iv done it before with a razor and did scratch the glass,but I will try wetting it,should work,thanx!67rat member #199

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Try Des-olv-it some citrus crap, it will get rid of the sticky part real quick. I think you can get it at Target.

------------------
Steve
64SS-327-4spd-sold to Original owner!
In process of finding a 65
Team Chevelle Member #71

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
There are special plastic (honest!) razor blades made for removing window tinting that will not scratch the glass. I have seen them in the "harbor Freight " store and I suspect that a body shop supply or glass supply place would have them, too.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I used nail polish remover to take off a 20 year old inspection sticker on my Chevelle.It works fast, safe,and easy!

------------------
Dean Ciampi
Autumn Gold 1970 LS6 Chevelle
Team Chevelle Gold #52 Aces #3094

·
Registered
283 Posts
My dad's got tons of speciatly tools, one of them being a tool made especially for removing window stickers!! Its simply a razor on the end of an angled screwdriver handle, and I also use that Goo-Gone stuff to remove all the sticky residue left from the sticker. Nail polish remover works great too, just don't drop any on your paint!!!

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanx guys
all good advice,think I will go the wd-40 and razor route,once again,thanx to all the replys.good day 67rat member #199

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.