Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1967 Beaumont Sport Deluxe. The taillamps on my car are round shaped sockets, which have ground electrodes sticking out of them. The socket is plugged into the taillight housing, and the electrode
grounds the socket, making it work.
My problem is that the ground electrode on my passenger side socket has broken off, and I need to buy a replacement socket. The Year One catalog and the other Chevelle catalogs I have don't show this item.
Do you know if the Beamont taillamp socket is the same as the Chevelle socket for that year, and, if so, can I get one through NAPA, or does it have to be specially ordered from some catalog?
The reason this is urgent is that the cops busted me with one taillight, and until it's fixed, I can't drive my car, my only form of transportation. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
-Doug Mcleod

·
Registered
287 Posts
Try calling Dave at the address listed below. He probably has what you are looking for and then some. He has sent me several 'odd ball" bit's for my Canadian 64 and I have never had any problems.

If Dave can't help you, you might try the boy's at CCCB by e-mail to Don Earnshaw at [email protected] . Don is also in BC and can probably put you in touch with a bunch of other Beaumont folks.

The Auto TIN MAN
PO BOX 216 PO
COBBLE HILL, BC
V0R 1L0
(250) 743-7321

Hope it Helps

------------------
The proud owner of a Canadian 64-SS with ZZ4 Power!
Chesterville, Ontario, Canada.
Team Chevelle Gold Member #37
Canadian Classic Chevelles & Beaumonts Member #350

WebSite www.magma.ca/~ssoltesz/steves/1964.htm

·
Registered
13 Posts
Don't dismiss your local GM dealer for this part. I recently bought a dome lens cover for my '67 Beaumont from the local Pontiac dealer. He also had the reverse light lenses. They have all sorts of weird parts laying around and most seem to enjoy trying to rummage up parts for these old cars of ours.

Moe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.