Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my tail lights, brake lights and dash lights went out, my head lights, blinkers and high beams work, as well as my high beam indicator lights but not my dash lights. i just put in lights to my aftermaket gauges and they still work. any advice?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Taking it as a 65 model.I would check all my grounds,might be tight but if on to paint may not be making contact needs to be into metal.Then would go into fusebox make sure getting voltage to and after fuse.THen start tracing to see if wire broken or pulled out of connection.

·
Gold Founding Member
63,813 Posts
Have you checked fuses?

The dash light circuit gets it's power from the tail light fuse so if it blows there would be no power to the dash light fuse but that wouldn't explain "no brake lights" since they are on a seperate fuse.

I doubt that the blinkers would still work if the problem was bad grounds and since the blinkers and brake lights are the same bulb filiments, that means the brake light side of the bulbs are OK.

Sounds like two seperate problems maybe.

Which circuit did you connect the new gauge lights into?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts