Chevelles.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What and why did this happen? my rear tail light lense has a hole burnt in it from the the bulb this is only on the right side.The bulb did not fall out because the bulb goes in from behind.When I bought the car the right side front and rear bulbs are dim and dont flash.Is this somehow related? I am stump when it comes to electrical problims.any thoughts many thanks Don

------------------
http://home.talkcity.com/sparkplugst/snakepell/index.html 66 396 Beaumont.
Once bitten twice shy.
Don Pell 66 396Beaumont.
Once bitten twice shy 69 Dart GT 273

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Hey Don, long time, no see
Don't know if they are related. The bulb can cause damage to the lens. Ever check out 70's Novas? The 74? through 79 series has 4 lights across. The outer 2 are the brake/signal lights. The lens mount from the outside while the bulb assembly comes from the inside of the trunk. Sort of like a sandwich. Often in the boneyard, you will see one of the outside lens damaged from heat.
Guess is the bulb went and took the lens with it. Too thin plastic.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by snake:
Thankssss very much John does make sence to me.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SSSSSSSnake,

I sssssssee you realy like playing the part!

------------------
FastSS396Man
Brian

Fastss396, Fastss396,Fastss396,
Fastss396,Fastss396,Fastss396,Fastss396,Fastss396,Fastss396,Fastss396
69' SS396 Chevelle
L78 396/375hp
M-21 Close Ratio
Cortez Silver
10 year Resto
It's brand new again!
02' Harley FatBoy, Diamond Ice Pearl.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Brian
Don's a true SS guy around here, but don't ask him about the snake part. Wrong BB for such questions. (Canadians brag anyway, but southern women don't line up.)

·
Registered
500 Posts
I don't know if this applies to you case or not, but I was looking at replacement sockets and it listed what bulbs would fit. There was a differance in the wattage of the bulbs. You could start there and make sure it has the right bulb. I know it sounds dumb, but just a place to start. Cal

------------------
TC Member # 1308

my trailer queen
future racer
justins 67
cals caminos web site

1 - 8 of 8 Posts