Chevelles.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have installed an SS dash in my '71 malibu. However, the dash pod is out of a '70 Monte, so the lights are green. I purchased an aftermarket OEM style from Muscle Factory. I pulled the clock out, relocated the gas guage in that hole, and installed the tachometer in the gas guage hole. By the way, this pod has idiot lights if you couldn't tell already. The problem I am having is that the tach will stick. If the driver revs the engine to 1500 it will get stuck up there. If I tap on the dash it will come back down very slowly. It doesn't do it all of the time. sometimes it works fine. And when it does stick, it varies how badly it sticks. Sometimes it's just real lazy, other times I have to tap on the dash to get it to move. THe car has an HEI ignition in it
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
Andy

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Are you saying you purchased an aftermarket tach? If so maybe the tach is bad. Are you sure the +12v and Tach wires are properly hooked up? Ground is through the tach housing. You might try a separate ground wire straight to the tach housing and see if that helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts