Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help with wiring up a new tach. I'm running a 350 small block in a 1965 Chevelle with a Mallory Comp 9000 Unilite distributor and a Mallory Pro Master Coil. I am trying to wire a Chevrolet tach, Model 10185001 and the instruction sheet states that the warranty will be void if the tach is wired to the coil on an MSD ignition. It advises to wire the tach to the tach terminal, but I can't seem to find a tach terminal. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about voiding the warranty? The instructions show to wire to the negative side of the coil but have the warning about the MSD ignitions.

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Are you running a MSD system? All you mentioned was a Mallory dist & coil. Mallory is not MSD> If you have a MSD box, there will be a tach output connector on the unit.

BL

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the clarification. I was under the mistaken impression that the Mallory system was a multiple spark discharge (msd) system. After your response and some additional research I found out the instructions were actually referring to the brand name MSD.

Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts