Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the dash in, but gauges appear to be funky, not working. I think I am headed towards new gauges from Grd Up, The Tach goes to 2ooo and stops, like it's hitting a stop. I am guessing it's bad.

(BLAH,BLAH,BLAH) Gotta love these ol' chevys

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Doubtful that all gauges would go bad at once. Make sure the ground wires are properly attached, especially the strap that runs from the headlight switch to the wiper switch to the dash frame. I do service 70-72 gauge clusters, if interested email me. The tach problem is probably a piece of debree in the movement and can be fixed.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I got more grd straps connected then I know what to do with them. I tried your bench testing program and it went south..
LikeI Have said before I ain't no "techno dude".hahaha Thx Steve for your help. I may take you up on the restro of the gauges.

Jack

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
My tach needle only moves between 1200 and 3000

Can this be fixed easily as well? How much? I need to either get this one fixed or order a new tach.

Possibly order a new one then have the old one fixed and sell it with another cluster I have

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I do this service as a hobby not to make any profit. Please email me directly with details of what you need done and I will reply with an estimate. If I don't fix it no charge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts