Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sun Super Tach 2, and when i first start up the motor it jumps when the motor is idling normally. Like if the Car is idling at 750rpm it will say like 2000-2500rpm. but then after a little while of the car running, it goes back down to normal and is fine.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Bad Connections?

You might contact the manufacturer and ask them. They have probably heard the problem a gazillion times!

Good Luck
Marty

·
Registered
507 Posts
Are you using a MSD ignition? like a 6 or 6al?
I had Sun's cheap tach that worked with my MSD 6, then I decided I wanted a Sun tach with the little shift light and it would not, even with MSD's tach adapter. Then I bought a good tach and a good shifht light that can be seen in the heat of things, and have had no problems at all. By the way, why do people always ask how will the car go? I usually don't have the time to look at the speedo meter to see how fast I'm going. Besides that if I'm scared to go much over 110 as parts start coming off my rust bucket. That's why the big block is going in the wagon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts