Chevelles.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted this on another topic, but thought I'd throw it out here as well.

Somebody please help. Have a 70 SS with the 396. The previous owner put on an aftermarket distributor and the car runs great, however, the tach doesn't work. This is the factory tach mounted in the dash. He actually cut the tach wire so I've replaced all the up front wiring. Tach still doesn't work and I'm positive everything is wired correctly. I've replaced the circuit board and had the gauges tested. Re-installed everything but still no tach reading. I did hook up an aftermarket and it worked fine. What do I do?

Also, I've added back a new front light harness with new horn relay et all. Every single thing works except the horns now. When I push the button, I hear a click. I believe the sound is coming from the horn relay.

Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
others have had problems with their factory tachs not working with different distributors, can you drop in something stock and test it? Mine works fine with an HEI but other have had problems using that too. For the horn, if you have the relay clicking it should be working, your horn is probably bad or has a bad or dirty connection where it is bolted to the car. You need a clean connection for a good ground, try there first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts