Team Chevelle banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK since I had the car the tach never worked and the wiring harness looked like it needed help.. After my three years of restoration and a new wiring harness I noticed that once I started the car and all the wires (for the tach on the coil (one brown wire negative)) it still does not work. Does anyone know what the problem could be. Could this be that the tach is just bad? It looks like nothing is wrong with the tach? Also I hhave the same problem with all my other gauges now except the oil (dum dum light) which I fixed and the speedo? All help is appreciated. Does anyone have a real picture diagram? If the tach is fixed who can fix it and what will it cost me which would include fixing the clock.

------------------
ACES Member #2987
1972 Chevelle SS
1987 GTA
1998 Camaro SS (Y2Y)
1978 Pontiac TransAm

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
If everything is hooked up properly to the tach, good chance its acting up. Even if it partially works, chances are it's not very accurate after all these years. Some guys here have used this company for gage repair.
American Classic Restoration www.american-classic.com
The speedometer is a mechanical gage, not electrical. The speedometer cable may be the problem instead of the gage.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts