Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Sunpro tach keeps on blowing fuses. I have it hooked up to the ACC blade in the fuse box, I believe. I noticed when I wiggled the blade the terminal and fuse to the left of it moved. Are they wired together? I even tryed putting a bigger fuse in(20A instead of 10A) and it won't help. I checked all of the wires and they aren't shorting or grounding out. Could it be something else, that the fuse is for, that could have a bad wire or something? It just started yesterday.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Trevor

Not sure where the problem is however if you continue to put bigger fuses in you'll find the problem area pretty quick when you seed the smoke! :eek:

Try using a circuit breaker around the same amperage as the circuit is designed for while your trying to check it out. I do seem to remember the accessory fuse is tire with another circuit. John will know.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jack!

I too questioned doing that but it was the only size I had that wasn't smaller, and it worked for like 5 minutes.

According to my haynes service manual the ACC blade is tied into like the Tail Lamps I think. Tail LPS???

You had suggested a circuit breaker. How is this hooked up?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
If the Sunpro tach was running attached to a 10 amp fuse and now pops a 20 amp fuse, I think I would talk to the tech reps at Sunpro. That's a large fuse for a tach to blow. It should run on a smaller fuse than that. Sounds like a tach problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts