Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Gold Founding Member
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at 6:00 position my tach has a 3/8 hole in the face which i presume is an indicator light...what is that light in the tach for...have never seen mine light up so i dont even know if it works

------------------
Rich
Cocoa Beach, Fla
Team Chevelle #380
46 but feeling like 20 when i'm in my 70 SS 454
[email protected]
www.chevelles.com/showroom/70_SS_454.jpg

·
Gold Founding Member
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
speedo in middle
tach to left
clock to rt

3/8 hole w/ plastic lens (?? color...presume red) is in tach face plate at 6:00 position
about 1/4 inch from bottom edge of faceplate

------------------
Rich
Cocoa Beach, Fla
Team Chevelle #380
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
4,478 Posts
Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree, but isn't that the OIL dummy light???

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
You guys are right. It's an oil pressure light. Just went out and uncovered one of mine and looked for myself! Never noticed it. I guess that's what happens when you look at em more than you drive em! Learn something new every day.

·
Gold Founding Member
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well shouldnt it be ON then when i turn the igniton on before starting ie when theres no oil pressure??

when they installed an after market press guage is it likely they disconnected the sending unit form the wiring harness??

if so, where is the most likely place where i will find the "free" end and anyone know what color the wire is???

would the sending unit be different from the guage unit?? i presume it would be an on /off sending unit which they replaced with a gradient sensor for the gauge and just left the light disconnected...make sense??

------------------
Rich
Cocoa Beach, Fla
Team Chevelle #380
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
the oil pressure wire will be dark blue, 20G wire...trace back from the firewall engine harness (C shaped half of the bulkhead). looking at the diagram below with the "c" facing down, "o" is a a wire, "-" is a blank with no wire, and "X" is your oil pressure line. Trace it out and you will find where it is hidden..

o o o -
o o X -
- - o o
- o

------------------
70 chevelle ss396 conv
66 chevelle ss396 hdp/conv
55 chevy prostreet
69/71 camaros

·
Gold Founding Member
978 Posts