Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still considering setting up the T.C.S system. My most recent obstacle is that a previous owner snipped off the blue and black wires which are part of the engine harness, and run to the solenoid. The wires are cut at the fire wall.I do not want to spend $120.00-130.00 to replace the complete engine wiring harness which is otherwise in excellent condition. It appears that i could attempt to locate a used engine harness and solder in the T.C.S. wires or just use matching blue and black 20ga wire,although i would be missing the palstic plug in female connector for the solenoid. Would anyone be able to offer any other suggestions i may not have thought of? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'd buy components from one of the wiring suppliers (Like Ron Frances Wire Works) or your local NAPA store and install myself. You might have them make up the wires with ternimals. They have the correct crimping tools. If your real fussy, you'll need to remove the tape and retape with correct 1" non-sticky tape.

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
What are the blue and black wires for? And what is the pink wire? I am trying to figure out which wire/wires are to my factory in dash tach. Is there a ground under the dash too? Sorry for barging in on your wiring question....

------------------

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
Nick
I recently removed the excess wires from my engine harness after putting in a TPI system. It was a 72 350/2bbl motor. I have Most of the wiring, probably all but I'm not sure of the connector from the TCS. (I can't find my old one and a 72 may be different). I have a connector with 2 contacts, the contacts are like this: (--), not(II) or (I-) . The wires are 20 ga, but one is blue and the other tan (the color code could be different)and only about 2 inches long. If this is what you need I'll send it to you for postage. Hope this helps.

------------------
Rick Schaefer
72 El Camino
ACES # 00140

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.